Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Wilderness First Aid
Display Avatars Sort By:
Manfred Kopisch
(Orienteering) - F
Wilderness First Aid on 03/01/2011 20:37:10 MST Print View

For a long time I have thought that I should get trained in Wilderness First Aid. I'm going with my children on extended backpacking trips and it is just common sense to get the training.

This summer I'm taking a crew to Philmont and therefore I finally have to take the class.

This Wilderness First Aid class is organized by the Boy Scouts and run by Foster Calm

Send me a PM if you are interested to participate.

WHEN? on April 2 and 3, 2011, (a Saturday and Sunday), 8am-4pm.
WHAT? This covers: First Aid 1 & 2 requirements for GS leaders;
ASHI certification for BSA (required for Philmont). You can also get your CPR certification class which would be held after the WFA class on Saturday (from ~6-9) which would make for a long day but you get it done without an additional training day needed.
HOW MUCH? The cost for WFA is $100 per person with a $20 ASHI certification fee (if you’re a Scout leader going on activities with kids, you’ll want this card to confirm your training!) You can also pay an extra $25 for a CPR certification if you want to get it done Saturday night.
WHERE? Palo Alto. The course will be held at the Lucille Stern Center Scout Conference Room
Space is limited to 24 maximum

Edited by Orienteering on 03/01/2011 20:39:11 MST.

Manfred Kopisch
(Orienteering) - F
Wilderness First Aid Class in Palo Alto on April 2&3 on 03/02/2011 16:53:42 MST Print View

Here are some more details

PM me if you are interested to particpate

WHAT: Wilderness First Aid - 16 hours

In addition to a half day of outdoor scenario practice of first aid and leadership skills, this class focuses on practicing skills and covering: patient assessment, shock and bleeding, head and spinal injuries, wounds, musculoskeletal injuries, heat and cold illnesses and much more. Gain some good tools and knowledge to handle a wilderness first aid emergency. Successful completion of class includes a Wilderness First Aid certificate.

COST: $100 per student, 14-24 students
Adult CPR available for $25 per student
ASHI Wilderness First Aid card is available (for Boy Scout leaders) for $20 per student

WHERE: BSA Office at Lucille Stern Center
1305 Middlefield Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94301-3354

WHEN: WFA April 2 & 3rd from 8am to 5 pm
CPR April 2 from 6 pm to 9 pm