Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test: Nine Days in Parque National Los Glaciares, Argentina

Display Avatars Sort By:
Addie Bedford
(addiebedford) - MLife

Locale: Montana
The Global Test: Nine Days in Parque National Los Glaciares, Argentina on 03/01/2011 14:15:24 MST Print View

Companion forum thread to:

The Global Test: Nine Days in Parque National Los Glaciares, Argentina

Gabe Joyes
(gabe_joyes) - F - M

Locale: Lander, WY
awesome on 03/01/2011 20:12:34 MST Print View

Top notch as always, thanks for sharing.

Warren Greer
(WarrenGreer) - F

Locale: SoCal
Wah on 03/01/2011 21:59:24 MST Print View

Good stuff. Keep sharing your travelogues.

Scott Truong
(elf773) - M

Locale: Vancouver, BC
RE: Los Glaciares, beautiful. on 03/02/2011 03:41:29 MST Print View

I just got back a few weeks ago. You're right, it's a beautiful trekking area that's perfect for all types of people to share. Very accessible, at least in the parts I was in. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to check out the trails outside the loop. I didn't make it to Piedras Blancas and Lago Toro, darn, but thanks for the photos.

And like you, I didn't feel it was crowded on the trails, despite the people you see in camp and know are in town (full hostels but quiet streets).

I was really lucky with the weather.

Your first picture of the Tarptent DB w/Kristin, was that at the Piedmas Campsite? (I think that's the name, close to Lagunas de la Tres) I think I camped in that exact same spot.

Did you find El Chalten got brutally windy after 5 pm? I camped in town a couple of nights and was right in thinking the sites inside the park would have been better sheltered.

Thanks for the trip reports and, as stated above, keep 'em coming.

Edited by elf773 on 03/02/2011 05:19:38 MST.

Ryan Linn
(ryan.c.linn)

Locale: Maine!
Re: awesome on 03/02/2011 05:19:39 MST Print View

That rock surfing photo makes me a little faint just looking at it. Badass!

Kevin Kingma
(MrKingma) - F
Eeess very m/nice on 03/02/2011 11:17:41 MST Print View

Brings back good memories. I also recall some very intelligent and acrobatic mice at the campspots. At night they seemed to enjoy using my tent as a trampoline among other entertaining stunts. Are they still there?

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: The Global Test: Nine Days in Parque National Los Glaciares, Argentina on 03/05/2011 13:07:02 MST Print View

Beautiful photos...you've just made many, many people jealous.