Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB: Summer quilt, 35-40 deg preferred

Display Avatars Sort By:
Mat Tallman
(wehtaM) - F

Locale: Midwest
WTB: Summer quilt, 35-40 deg preferred on 02/28/2011 18:22:47 MST Print View

Like the title says, I'm looking to pick up some manner of UL summer quilt for use in the Midwest and East. 40ish deg rating (or equivalent loft), some wiggle room on that. I'm 5'-10" 165lb, so must be able to accommodate a body of that size.
High FP down preferred.

Tyler Barcelli
(youngster) - M

Locale: Southeast
quilt on 02/28/2011 18:44:22 MST Print View

You might want to think about buying the Golite Ultralite 1+ quilt. With the code it comes out to like $130. It's a little heavier than necessary but at that price you can't beat it

Mat Tallman
(wehtaM) - F

Re: quilt on 02/28/2011 18:57:15 MST Print View

Funny you should mention it, I just bought one, just got it in today. Problem I have with it is, the recycled fabric used on the thing doesn't compress very well; the thing takes up almost as much space as my 20 degree REI 750 fill bag. I'm really trying to pare my gear volume down for a very small volume pack for summer (Newt) so I'm actually more volume conscious than weight. I didn't really have a problem with the 20 oz weight of the golite (wasn't thrilled about it, but accepted it for the price), but the compressed volume just doesn't appear it's going to cut it.

I'm going to be sending the UL1+ back, because of the reasons above, but also because I bought from another vendor and wasn't aware of the Golite 40% coupon code (doh!).

I appreciate the advice though...

Edited by wehtaM on 02/28/2011 18:58:49 MST.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
quilt on 02/28/2011 19:45:48 MST Print View

Hi- I have a Marmot Atom that was professionally converted into a quilt by the "quilt master" :) (Tim Marshall of http://enlightenedequipment.webs.com/)

it's very light and packs small :)

if interested, shoot me a pm for details

Mike

Mat Tallman
(wehtaM) - F

Re: quilt on 02/28/2011 20:09:31 MST Print View

PM Sent

Mat Tallman
(wehtaM) - F

Still looking on 03/01/2011 17:35:12 MST Print View

Anyone?

Joe L
(heyyou) - MLife

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr
Maybe on 03/01/2011 20:50:28 MST Print View

My Te-wa top quilt meets all of your specs, but it might not be wide enough if you are a side sleeper. It is made for hammock use where width is not an issue. My email is headed your way in a PM.