Forum Index » Photo Gallery » 3rd Annual BPLers GGG: Henry Coe State Park 2011

Display Avatars Sort By:
Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: 3rd Annual BPLers GGG: Henry Coe State Park 2011 on 03/12/2011 21:06:19 MST Print View

Tony, that looked like everyone had a great time, I'm jealous. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos.
Tom

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
3rd Annual BPLers GGG: Henry Coe State Park 2011 on 03/21/2011 14:22:37 MDT Print View

I brought some Dusseldorf style altbier (brown), single hop pale ale (yellow), and west coast amber ale(orange).

Denis Hazlewood
(redleader) - MLife

Locale: Luxury-Light Luke on the Llano Azul
Re: 3rd Annual BPLers GGG: Henry Coe State Park 2011 on 03/23/2011 01:18:24 MDT Print View

After seeing Doug and his Backcountry Boiler fire breathing display, I propose we dub him the trail-name: Smoke Jumper. Any seconds?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: 3rd Annual BPLers GGG: Henry Coe State Park 2011 on 01/17/2012 21:31:11 MST Print View

Will be doing this again next month. I don't know about anyone else, but I am excited

Denis Hazlewood
(redleader) - MLife

Locale: Luxury-Light Luke on the Llano Azul
Re: Re: 3rd Annual BPLers GGG: Henry Coe State Park 2011 on 01/17/2012 21:53:38 MST Print View

I'm in for Coe. Say Ken, in your avatar, what's out the window?

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: 3rd Annual BPLers GGG: Henry Coe State Park 2011 on 01/17/2012 22:05:31 MST Print View

Very exciting. A squirrel.
See you there

E J
(mountainwalker) - MLife

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England
3rd Annual SF Bay Area GGG video on 02/12/2012 13:21:55 MST Print View

This is a little valentine from Andrea and me for all the wonderful friends we’ve made, the many helpful things we’ve learned and the amazingly creative gear makers we’ve met. With long hours at work and a family member ill, we had to do it in little bits and pieces whenever we could.

We hope this brings a few laughs, and helps remind everyone that it’s not just about the gear and technique, but about the friendships and great trips together. And hopefully it also helps us all avoid taking ourselves too seriously at times.

For those sitting on the fence about coming to the 4th Annual SF Bay Area GGG next weekend, don’t be shy - you’ll have a great time and learn a lot.

And for those of you who aren’t yet BPL members, hope this encourages you to take the very modest plunge and help support our community.

Backpackers Gone Wild: BPL 3rd Annual SF Bay Area Gathering of Gear Geeks (GGG) Feb 26-27, 2011 from Mountainwalker on Vimeo.

Some memorable moments:

-The Gear Stove Boil-Off – WARNING this gets HOT!
-What happens in Coe stays in Coe and things that go bump in the night
-How Tony makes it through a cold lonely night
-Richard Nisley guest interview
-Styrofoam snow and picnicking BPL style
-What lightweight backpackers really sound like
-Debbie’s first place win for shared item
-The next Backpackers Gone Wild casting event

[NOTE - the 2011 trip was in January not February, will correct on the video soon]

Edited by mountainwalker on 02/12/2012 14:59:33 MST.