Forum Index » Gear Deals » Waiting for a Gear Deal....

Display Avatars Sort By:
Curtis B.
(rutilate) - MLife

Locale: New England
Waiting for a Gear Deal.... on 02/25/2011 11:48:10 MST Print View

I keep waiting for the Thermarest NeoAir Large to go on sale somewhere, but I've yet to see any decent sales. Am I looking in the wrong places? Or should I just wait a few more months until the new ones come out?

Neil McGee
(thegreatclod) - F

Locale: Northeast, East Asia
Best bet for an immediate deal... on 02/25/2011 12:01:54 MST Print View

...is to keep your eye on the Gear Swap forum (or on Whiteblaze.net) for folks looking to unload their new or hardly used NeoAir at a good price. I picked one up for less than $120 this way. Not a huge discount, but it wasn't retail - the lowest retail price I have seen for a Regular is $150.

Who knows, but if you can wait, you're bound to find a good deal when the new models come out. That could be as late as July, I hear. Best of luck to you!

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Waiting for a Gear Deal.... on 02/25/2011 12:07:37 MST Print View

In the very least, REI's 20% off should be coming up in early to mid-March.

Bryan Crook
(bcrook007) - F

Locale: Nebraska
Might have one to offer soon on 02/25/2011 12:18:41 MST Print View

Hey Curtis, I've got a NeoAir Large that I've been thinking about unloading but I wanted to wait until I had more info (user reports) on the NeoAir All-Season. My large only has about 5 nights of use but I discovered I need more R value when I camp in the fall.

Who knows, you might see a bunch offered on gear swap after the all-season version comes out.

Also, I may be dreaming but I think I remember some comments about an upcoming BPL State of the Market report on sleeping pads. Not sure when that's coming but hopefully soon.

Craig Kowalski
(KillerKowalski) - F
Neo Air Price on 02/25/2011 12:19:27 MST Print View

Is $119 good for a brand new Neo Air R?!?!

If it is, yes you are looking in the wrong place. Send me a PM.

Any size is available.

Edited by KillerKowalski on 02/25/2011 12:24:27 MST.

William Brown
(MatthewBrown) - F

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns
Here goes. on 02/25/2011 12:19:52 MST Print View

You missed the Campsaver.com sale after Thanksgiving. That was the cheapest I've ever seen the Large.

Here's the best option I can come up with right now. OregonMountainCommunity has the Large 20% off. Go find the link to it. Then call Moosejaw.com. Moosejaw will match it and give you 10% of the sale price in moosejaw points, plus 1000 moosejaw points ( = $10) for finding it somewhere cheaper.

With all the discounts you will essentially be paying 132.50 plus getting 2132 moosejaw points. If you count the points as money, you will have only payed $111.18 for the pad and get free shipping.

Hope I mathed right.

Good luck.

Bobby Lee
(rblee) - F
discounts on 02/25/2011 12:21:24 MST Print View

i was buying a prolite and searching around for the best discount, i noticed many stores do not apply discount/coupon codes to thermarest/cascade designs, like western mountaineering. rockcreek.com is 15% off everything i believe, code ' WELCOME443 ' add to it the extrabux, fatwallet, or mr rebates 4-5% rebate.

if you dont need it now you might be good waiting.

oh and basegear.com is 20% off for just joining mailing list, not sure if it applies to thermarest

also one on gear trade from backcountry, brand new just without tags
http://www.geartrade.com/item/181224

Jeff M.
(Catalyst)

Locale: Costa Mesa, CA
basegear on 02/25/2011 12:35:24 MST Print View

Basegear's discount does apply...that's how I bought my neoair regular.

Bryan Crook
(bcrook007) - F

Locale: Nebraska
Geartrade is good option on 02/25/2011 12:42:55 MST Print View

The one on geartrade is offered at a good price. I think you get 72 hours to inspect and confirm it is truly in the condition they offer it at.

Todd Dea
(busguy)

Locale: Coast Mountains
Oh really ? on 02/25/2011 12:43:20 MST Print View

" Here's the best option I can come up with right now. OregonMountainCommunity has the Large 20% off. Go find the link to it. "

Anyone able to find this ?

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Waiting for a Gear Deal.... on 02/25/2011 12:48:04 MST Print View

Try spadout.com to find the cheapest price at any given moment. Within reason.

Mark Hudson
(vesteroid) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Sierras
trekker on 02/25/2011 14:48:52 MST Print View

I saw the new trekkers at rei yesterday they were 139 for size large...heavier for sure but wont pop?

Stephen R
(32729) - F
Re: Waiting for a Gear Deal.... on 02/25/2011 19:11:45 MST Print View

There are a couple used ones on sale at geartrade.com right now for around $115.

William Brown
(MatthewBrown) - F

Locale: Blue Ridge Mtns
Re: Oh really ? on 02/26/2011 06:07:50 MST Print View

"Anyone able to find this ?"

My fault for not checking. They have had them 20% off since Christmas. I thought they still were.