Sources for 1000D Cordura Nylon?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Nathan Baker
(Slvravn) - MLife

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic
Sources for 1000D Cordura Nylon? on 02/23/2011 13:40:41 MST Print View

Does anyone know of an inexpensive source for 1000D Cordura Nylon coated ? I was looking to pick up a couple of yards for a messenger bag type project, but the prices I have seen (OWF, Quest, etc...)are a bit higher than I would like to spend. Ebay is a bit sketchy at best and you never know if you are actually getting what you paid for. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

BTW - Color is not a huge concern

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Sources for 1000D Cordura Nylon? on 02/23/2011 13:48:07 MST Print View

> but the prices I have seen (OWF, Quest, etc...)are a bit higher than I would like to spend.

The prices are always higher than I want to spend. But sometimes you have to face reality.

Cheers

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: Sources for 1000D Cordura Nylon? on 02/23/2011 13:53:25 MST Print View

I can buy outdoor fabric online, or I can buy it over-the-counter at a normal fabric store.

If I buy it online, the web item shows the fabric weight and other details, so I kind of know what it is, at least by the numbers. If I buy it at a store, it is typically unmarked, and the only way that I can tell weight is by picking it up and feeling it, which is unreliable. The quality that I find online is far higher than what I find in stores.

--B.G.--

Benjamin Moryson
(hrXXL) - MLife

Locale: Germany
1000D Cordura on 02/23/2011 14:29:46 MST Print View

have a look at extremtextil.de

http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/Fabrics/uncoated/Cordura-1000den-uncoated::338.html

Jeff Brown
(northshorehc) - F

Locale: New England
Cordura on 02/23/2011 15:06:26 MST Print View

I worked in the marine canvas business, and our suppliers sold tons of stuff. Though I purchased wholesale at the time, they also sell direct to the public.

The companies were Challenge Sailcloth in CT, and Bainbridge. The Challenge guys have fantastic customer service and usually ship the same day.

I'd call them directly as most, if not all, of their business is done this way. You could also request a catalog.

Chris Peichel
(momo)

Locale: Eureka
sources for 1000d cordura on 02/23/2011 20:38:26 MST Print View

rockywoods.com usually has some 1000d cordura that is a "special buy" limited colors and amounts.

peter vacco
(fluff@inreach.com) - M

Locale: no. california
cheap cordura on 02/23/2011 22:42:16 MST Print View

i bought 3 yds of red for a duffle that i ended up buying from campmor. it's red. it's bomber. it's cheap.
ya want it ? pm me.

v.

Nathan Baker
(Slvravn) - MLife

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic
Re: cheap cordura on 02/24/2011 06:19:19 MST Print View

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I didnt know if there was some hidden source for cheaper materials, but alas there does not seem to be. BTW Roger, perfectly said!

Peter - PM sent. Thanks

Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Locale: www.bplite.com
Re: Re: cheap cordura on 02/24/2011 08:23:50 MST Print View

I have some "tan" colored that I can part with. I'll get a photo of it and post. I think it's 60" wide.

Dan Yeruski
(zelph) - MLife

Locale: www.bplite.com
Re: Re: Re: cheap cordura on 02/24/2011 11:19:41 MST Print View

Here is a photo of it and it's $8.00 per yard + ship

Not an import.

<center>

</center>

Edited by zelph on 02/24/2011 11:20:59 MST.