Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Plastics source
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dwight Shackelford
(zydeholic) - F

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Plastics source on 10/06/2006 19:30:16 MDT Print View

I can't remember the thread, but someone was talking about trying to find some corrugated polystyrene like GoLite uses.

I found some at TAP Plastics. 2'x4' sheet for $5.50. The corrugations run in the 2' direction. They had some 4x8 sheets, but I don't remember the price.

I also found some tubes, epoxy and wound filament, light and stiff. Don't know how it compares to carbon fiber, but I picked up a couple of lengths of it. $3 for 2' or 3' length. They had varying diameters too.

Jeffrey Dunning
(boredomhero) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Plastics source on 10/07/2006 11:06:27 MDT Print View

Could you just use some expired political election signage? That stuff is "coroplast"--a corrugated plastic. I've used it to stiffen the bags I use on my bike.

Dwight Shackelford
(zydeholic) - F

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
Re: Re: Plastics source on 10/07/2006 14:34:44 MDT Print View

I'm sure its the same stuff. And, its the season! ;-)

Problem is, do you trust a politician behind your back for that long?