I live at
S 36* 21. 820'
E 149* 49. 417'

What are your stats ?

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Locale: pacific northwest
Re: Intimate Details on 10/10/2006 20:27:56 MDT Print View

Well chief wihout having a globe I'm guessing you're in New Zealand but you left out the most intimate detail, your elevation.
Just for the record I'm at 47.596n by -120.66w,at an elevation of 1200 feet.
Weighing in at around 15 stone, standing well short of 2 meters at 5'10".
I'm older, know a lot less, right on the verge of forgetting it all actually, and really hope that a gal answers ya' before this thread gets hijacked all to heck.

ian wright
(ianwright) - F

Locale: Photo - Mt Everest - 1980
Re: Re: Intimate Details on 10/14/2006 06:07:50 MDT Print View

A bit to the left, Australia actually.
I'm on the far south coast of New South Wales so sort of on the same Lat as NZ.

I was thinking about putting elevation and now I wish I did ! I'm at 209m.

I'm about 88kg, too much of that around the gut.

5ft 12inches tall and probably shrinking.

I'm also older, I found that by the time I was old enough to have it all pretty much worked out (life, love etc), the next day I was old enough to start forgetting it all !

It took about 2 weeks for a guy to bite so no sweet gal is gonna leave her particulars here I'm sure !!!!

But the odd odd thread livens the place up a bit !

PS. Excuse me for being bi-incremental, I'm old enough to have grown up with the Imperial system then switched over to metric whenever that happened here. So I'm Bi.

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Re: Re: Re: Intimate Details on 10/14/2006 12:54:53 MDT Print View

There's an old joke in the states about being offered to pack groceries into a paper bag or a plastic bag at the store.The punchline goes "it doesn't really matter, I'm bisackual."
This is probably the same thing.
Ryan isn't going to tell you this, there are actually no women involved at the backpackinglight website no matter what the handles sound like, I posed as a woman in the beginning but the really sharp people here realized I was disgustingly hideous and banned me for life.

ROBERT TANGEN
(RobertM2S) - M

Locale: Lake Tahoe
Re: Intimate details on 10/14/2006 13:24:50 MDT Print View

Are you saying Ryan Jordon is *BEEP*? Not that there is anything wrong with that. What is his favorite type of man?

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

Re: Re: Intimate details on 10/15/2006 16:12:37 MDT Print View

I have no idea his preference in people but I'm certain they have a low BMI.
[that's backpacking mass index]

Edited by pyeyo on 10/15/2006 16:14:07 MDT.

Ryan Jordan
(ryan) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Greater Yellowstone
Re: Re: Re: Intimate details on 11/03/2006 09:14:04 MST Print View

OK, I guess it's time to set the record straight.

SULMWM.

Colleen Clemens
(tarbubble) - F

Locale: dirtville, CA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Intimate Details on 11/03/2006 10:36:23 MST Print View

shhh... there are a coupla chicks here. we hide out by putting that big "M" in our profiles. ;)

334010 N
1174923 W

el: about 500 feet/152 m

larry savage
(pyeyo) - F

have care with those Intimate Details on 11/03/2006 17:30:38 MST Print View

Colleen, be careful what you admit around here for as near as I can tell everbody's fallen down the rabbit hole. We're talking elves in the titanium teapot...crackers, but there too heavy, must be papadams or some such.
Look at that post above yours, it "looks" like Ryan Jordan, the words even sound a little like him but you know in your heart it isn't him. The real Ryan Jordan has been kidnapped by the Eddies, the ghosts of Eddie Bauer and Edward Abbey. He's being held in a secret location which is being revealed to us in code called the BPL rank [the decoder ring is for sale at the online store] So hold onto your identity or they'll whip it into some kind of bizzare cloth lighter then cuben for their own disgusting personal uses.

Douglas Frick
(Otter) - MLife

Locale: Wyoming
Re: Re: Re: Re: Intimate details on 11/03/2006 20:24:00 MST Print View

> OK, I guess it's time to set the record straight.
>
> SULMWM.

Super-Ultra-Light Makes Wives Mad?

ROBERT TANGEN
(RobertM2S) - M

Locale: Lake Tahoe
Re: Intimate Details on 11/03/2006 20:37:37 MST Print View

I may be wrong, but I think what Ryan is telling us is that his personal preference is for Super Ultra Light Men, Women and Moose. I hope to God that he hasn't been in Montana too long! Or is he in Wyoming? I can't keep those fly-over states clear in my "mind."

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest
so Dr. J is a SULMWM....hmmm... on 11/04/2006 01:30:53 MST Print View

Douglas,

Nice try, but i thought everyone knew that SULMWM meant...

Super-Ultra-Light-Mountain-Walking-Man

how do i know this you might be thinking? elementary, my dear Douglas,...

Dr. J did say elsewhere that he goes solo, and typically who is more alone than the old-time Mtn. Man? though, i'll admit my deductive reasoning (i hesitate to call it "logic") may be flawed - wouldn't be the first time.

However, there is no way MWM could mean "married white male" as any married man of any color will tell you that while single all of their precious belongings could fit in the trunk of their car (SUL), once married, the belongings can only be contained by something the size of a house. So, SUL coupled with "married white male" would, by my way of thinking be an oxymoron. Therefore, i further conclude that my previous reasoning is sounding better.

Edited by pj on 11/04/2006 01:59:22 MST.

Glenn Roberts
(garkjr) - F

Locale: Southwestern Ohio
That explains it on 11/04/2006 12:45:18 MST Print View

pj: Well done! Now I see why you get the big numbers! :)

By the way, I assume Mrs. pj doesn't get to read your posts?! (Let's face it, we all married better than our wives did.)

Edited by garkjr on 11/04/2006 12:46:34 MST.

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Re: That explains it on 11/04/2006 19:44:13 MST Print View

Glenn,

Regarding the two points you mentioned in your Post:

First, my numbers are dropping (and DrJ's are increasing, IIRC) as time goes on and BPL makes tweaks to the ratings. I've gone from a 7.18 to a 7.17. This is undoubtedly a good thing in my case.

As far as "Mrs pj" goes, a while ago she had asked me to help her set up an account on the Forums since she was curious to see what hubby was up to, spending so much time online, plus given her professional expertise in medicine, she could offer far better advise than an ex-Corpsman could (though her take would be the proper clinical "party line" which would differ from my "you're out in the field solo and there's an emergency & need to get creative"). Well, to make a long story short, they say timing is everything and she happens to pick the wrong time to have a "look-see". She did read what i was writing and what someone wrote back. She took great offense, given her family and culture's polite upbringing, at the way the other's objections were worded. She viewed them as an attack upon her geeky hubby (for my part water off a duck's back - remember, i was in the military and a good day was when someone wasn't shooting at you). So, she posted back and quite a hullabaloo started on the other end (i think she only made one post, maybe two). So, now she doesn't quite understand why i still like this website.

Yeah..., i agree with you 1000% (viz. "let's face it, we all married better than our wives did"). I know who got the better end of our deal, and it wasn't her. She's a saint to put up with me for 27yrs.

When we were younger, friends and co-workers, after they had met my wife, use to say to me, "How did you ever 'land' [their word] her?!!!". My reply to them used to take the form of a multiple choice question:

a) she felt sorry for me
b) i make her laugh
c) i treat her like a queen
d) i give a great all over body massage
e) she's using me for sex
f) all of the above

Edited by pj on 11/04/2006 20:55:03 MST.

Carol Crooker
(cmcrooker) - MLife

Locale: Desert Southwest, USA
Out of the rabbit hole on 11/06/2006 06:44:25 MST Print View

I just climbed out of the rabbit hole. I'm a bit disoriented and don't know where I am, but I see lots of cactus. I posted just to check on my rank. Hope it's gone down - lower is better, right?

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Re: Out of the rabbit hole on 11/06/2006 08:54:34 MST Print View

If lower is better, then DrJ is heading the wrong way.

After a sizeable leap up, mine has headed down a miniscule amount (merely an observation, not a complaint), and so i conclude that BPL.com must be making final "tweaks" to the top-secret algorithm that calculates rank.

If i could hack their site, i would substitute a pseudo-random number generator algorithm for the code that they are actually using.

-or-

i would have all of DrJ's rank increases add to Bill F's.

Just funnin' with ya my good Dr. Y'all have made mega-strides in Forum enhancements. Good Job.

Edited by pj on 11/06/2006 09:00:36 MST.

ian wright
(ianwright) - F

Locale: Photo - Mt Everest - 1980
ranking on 11/07/2006 04:54:51 MST Print View

Rank? That's what people call me sometimes.

And watch out for fleas, when my cat goes rabbiting he gets attacked by fleas !

I'm new, done nothing and contribute less and have a lower ranking then you lot so it must be a higher number is better.

I look up to you in wonder and awe !