Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » National Geographic magazine story on Alaska-Yukon Expedition

Display Avatars Sort By:
Andrew Skurka
(askurka) - F
National Geographic magazine story on Alaska-Yukon Expedition on 02/20/2011 19:42:03 MST Print View

The March issue is on newsstands now. It's a pretty cool story -- 16 pages, including two 3-page spreads; and a very cool map and mileage bar chart.

It's also online: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/03/alaska-trek/koeppel-text

Signed copies available: http://www.andrewskurka.com/store/ngm-march2011.php

Edited by askurka on 02/20/2011 19:42:37 MST.

Samuel Kau
(Skau)

Locale: Southern California
Re: National Geographic magazine story on Alaska-Yukon Expedition on 02/20/2011 19:55:36 MST Print View

Sweet! very excited to read it!

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
SIgned copies shipping? on 02/23/2011 18:37:06 MST Print View

Andrew, when will the signed copies be shipping? Looking forward to reading it but am holding out for the actual magazine.

Andrew Skurka
(askurka) - F
Re: SIgned copies shipping? on 02/24/2011 07:07:11 MST Print View

I am traveling through Tuesday night for presentations and am planning to start shipping as soon as I get back. They had not arrived before i left.

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
Amazing vision, epic journey on 02/24/2011 23:37:51 MST Print View

I'd call it an "adventure" but to me an adventure is when things go badly wrong. You had a very large vision to concieve of, plan and then execute that epic journey.

Congratulations Andrew. When you're my age (67) you'll look back on that time with not only pride of accomplishment but great memories. I've done long Canadian wilderness canoe trips and the 2 day, 100 mile Canadian Ski Marathon and I look back on all of them with fondness. Long preparation is the key to success in efforts like these. Your preparation must have been very well done.

P.S. If you share with us the details of your preparations I think it will be invaluable information and will inspire us to do our own big journeys.

Edited by Danepacker on 02/24/2011 23:39:29 MST.

peter vacco
(fluff@inreach.com) - M

Locale: no. california
can't wait ! on 02/25/2011 08:00:24 MST Print View

ohh, it's going to be a fine fine read.

you see this, eh.. our man Andrew, he did good !