Trekking Pole adapters, extenders , linkers (seekoutside.com)
Display Avatars Sort By:
kevin timm
(ktimm) - M

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)
Trekking Pole adapters, extenders , linkers (seekoutside.com) on 02/16/2011 11:54:41 MST Print View

We have CF adapters / linkers / extenders $12.50 / 20 grams

More information

http://seekoutside.com/products/accessories/

Thanks
Kevin

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Trekking Pole adapters, extenders , linkers (seekoutside.com) on 02/16/2011 12:05:13 MST Print View

How does that thing work?

kevin timm
(ktimm) - M

Here is how on 02/16/2011 12:13:33 MST Print View

Stick the pole in the end, it will add height to you current pole up to about 60 - 61" (assuming 140 cm trekking pole) . If you want to use both poles for a taller shelter, put the end of each pole in it using it as the center. A little duct tape creates a more solid fit (couple wraps). It's a good idea to have some duct tape somewhere anyway right ?

Kevin

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Re: Here is how on 02/16/2011 12:20:57 MST Print View

What do you stick the pole into? It just looks like a bit of tubing put over the tip. I might have an idea of what this product is, but if I'm right, this picture is taken from the wrong angle.

Chris W
(simplespirit) - MLife

Locale: .
Re: Re: Here is how on 02/16/2011 12:23:57 MST Print View

It just looks like a bit of tubing put over the tip

That's all it looks like to me as well.

kevin timm
(ktimm) - M

that is all it is on 02/16/2011 12:48:22 MST Print View

That is it, ID is close to fitting most trekking poles.

Light and inexpensive. You can use it to extend the size of the pole, or use with a trekking pole in each end to get extended heights.

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Re: that is all it is on 02/16/2011 12:55:53 MST Print View

Wait, so is this so you can flip around the bottom pole? Basically a shim? Like this:

Top of part trekking pole 1 <- bottom part of trekking pole 1 -> top part of second trekking pole

If that's not correct and it actually allows the trekking pole tips of two poles to be connected, I'm still not seeing how that happens....male to male doesn't work.

kevin timm
(ktimm) - M

Tube on 02/16/2011 13:11:58 MST Print View

It's tubing so the small ends get inserted. It also is a bit longer 9.5 " so it can add about 6" to a standard trekking pole, which means a standard trekking pole should work for hex 3 and other smaller mid style shelters.
Double connector

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Re: Tube on 02/16/2011 13:30:13 MST Print View

Ah, that picture is a lot better. I get it now.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Trekking Pole adapters, extenders , linkers (seekoutside.com) on 02/16/2011 13:31:59 MST Print View

Hi Kevin

Gear Deals is the right place for your posting and you are welcome here, but would you please be a shade more explicit in declaring your link to seekoutside. You can do this either at the foot of each posting or in your name/locale.

We have to be fairly hard-line about this rule for historical reasons, but it should not be an inconvenience I think?

Cheers
Roger Caffin
Online Community Monitor
Backpacking Light

kevin timm
(ktimm) - M

Ok on 02/16/2011 13:39:56 MST Print View

Thanks Roger, sorry I was unaware. I had it as my web site. So it should be as my locale now. I did not see a way to change the name.

Thanks
Kevin