So I am trying to get some ideas together for a family reunion in 2012, and I need help from local residents of Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, new mexico, possibly arizona and idaho.
Was hoping for california as I know all the nooks and crannies of the sierra, but with a family of six driving in from iowa, and another family of 5 driving in from arkansas, we need to meet out east some.
1. somewhere in the Rockies, not farther north than Yellowstone.
2. looking for a small locally owned cabin resort, able to accomodate 35 people, in cabins/tents.
3. Needs to be affordable, and no chain resort yuppie crap
4. Access to hiking, fishing, horseback riding, general water activities
5. Somewhere high enough to avoid heat....hopefully at least 6,000ft in elevation.
Thanks in advance!