Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Abbrasion resistance of 1.26 and 1.43 Cuben - for pack pockets

Display Avatars Sort By:
Nathan Baker
(Slvravn) - MLife

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic
Abbrasion resistance of 1.26 and 1.43 Cuben - for pack pockets on 02/11/2011 11:45:33 MST Print View

I was looking to make a few universal pack pockets (Shoulder or waist) and at first I was looking at Dyneema X, but with there only being one supplier color options are a bit limited. Then I looked at zpacks and saw for a similar price per yard they have the 2 cuben weights listed above. At a quarter of the weight it seems like a nice option, but I am unsure what type of beating they would take. Does anyone have any experience with those 2 weights? Thanks

Jordan Clymer
(jordanclymer) - F

Locale: The Columbia Gorge
re: on 02/13/2011 17:30:50 MST Print View

Both should provide good puncture resistance, and a very high resistance to tearing/warping. Are you expecting them to endure a lot of abuse?

drowning in spam
(leaftye) - F

Locale: SoCal
Re: Abbrasion resistance of 1.26 and 1.43 Cuben - for pack pockets on 02/16/2011 08:09:34 MST Print View

I like the size of those hipbelt pockets. They may be the biggest, and about the right size for a full quart size freezer bag.