Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
TSS Down Mitts Remixed
Display Avatars Sort By:
Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Locale: The-Stateless-Society
TSS Down Mitts Remixed on 02/09/2011 12:58:26 MST Print View

I wasn't happy with the first design, so I decided to re-do them. The main issue I wanted to address was fingertip coldness due to the seam running around the end of the mitts. So I ended up making these with a continuous chamber running from the palm, over to the top panel. The thumb chambers are separated and overstuffed.

I also added more down, ~2" calculated loft. Shock cord adjustable closure as suggested, reinforced dyneema gridstop tube for the drawcord. Longer overall, much warmer. Weight on these is now 1.6oz per pair in Medium, which is an increase, but a warranted one IMHO.

dmitts1
dmitts2
dmitt3
dmitt4
dmitt5

The blue pair in the pics is ready to ship for $65.

After they're gone, I'll only be making these if you send me a good bottle of Anejo Tequila (or an exceptional Repo/Blanco), or some other cool trade. Sorry, I'm the boss, I get to make the rules. ;)

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
Nicely Done on 02/09/2011 14:12:58 MST Print View

I'm continually amazed at the talent amoungst this group. Those gloves look great. I wish I was in the market for a pair.

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Re: Nicely Done on 02/09/2011 14:29:17 MST Print View

Thanks John, just let me know when you are brother, and I'll get you sorted. ;)

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

blue ones spoken for. on 02/09/2011 18:07:58 MST Print View

The blue ones are sold. Anybody else wanting some, you'll have to bribe me with booze! =D

josh wagner
(StainlessSteel) - F
green on 02/09/2011 18:42:10 MST Print View

i will take the green ones behind the blue and black ones on the 2nd picture. $65 right?

Javan Dempsey
(jdempsey)

Re: green on 02/09/2011 19:02:44 MST Print View

Josh, not sure what you're seeing that I'm not man, but the blue and black are the only ones in the picture. I've got them set on a quilt in the 2nd pic though, so maybe that's it?

Anyway, if you want me to make you a pair in blue, black, or gray I can, and I'll make you a pair for $65 if you're ready to order, but I was serious about the tequila thing. ;)

I do have some olive green fabric, but it's 1.1oz fabric vs 0.9oz. I've also got some camo that's just a tiny bit heavier than the olive 1.1.

josh wagner
(StainlessSteel) - F
joke on 02/09/2011 20:03:27 MST Print View

:( you missed it