Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Lake Ozette to Shi Shi Beach - August 2010
Display Avatars Sort By:
Kevin Yang
(kjyang) - F
Lake Ozette to Shi Shi Beach - August 2010 on 02/09/2011 12:20:59 MST Print View

This is a short 16-17 mile beach hike in the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I did it as a warm up a few days before I started West Coast Trail (report coming soon). Since this hike is only a few miles from the WCT, the scenery is very similar.

Lake Ozette to Shi Shi Beach Hike

Edit: Updated link.

Edited by kjyang on 04/20/2012 12:55:18 MDT.

j lan
(justaddfuel) - F

Locale: MN
Re: Lake Ozette to Shi Shi Beach - August 2010 on 02/09/2011 12:46:19 MST Print View

Kevin, most excellent write up! I just moved to the olympic peninsula a couple weeks ago near lake cushman on the east side of the peninsula. I have been hiking around here a bit, but winter weather here seems like a sure fire recipe for hypothermia. Can't wait to do this hike in a couple months.

Jay

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"Lake Ozette to Shi Shi Beach - August 2010" on 02/11/2011 08:38:01 MST Print View

Great trip reports Kevin, I really enjoyed some of your other entries.

Your report stirred some memories of mine living in Port Angeles, I spent a few very chilly summers in Lake Crescent paddling, swimming, and exploring. It's the most beautiful country up there when the sun breaks through the clouds.

Kevin Yang
(kjyang) - F
Re: Lake Ozette to Shi Shi Beach - August 2010 on 02/15/2011 15:58:39 MST Print View

Thanks for the feedback. The whole area is really just beautiful. I wish I had more time during that trip to enjoy it.