Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Camp Shoe As Shoe Insert
Display Avatars Sort By:
Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Camp Shoe As Shoe Insert on 02/07/2011 18:19:23 MST Print View

I have used the light shoe shown in the link below as an insert in my hiking shoe.

Upon arriving at camp I just pull it out of the shoe and use it as a camp shoe.

SHOE

John Nausieda
(Meander) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Camp Shoe As Shoe Insert on 02/07/2011 18:24:28 MST Print View

Can you provide the weight?Have you tried them in stream crossings? Slippery or...? By the way this image came through just fine. Thanks.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Camp Shoe As Shoe Insert on 02/07/2011 20:28:20 MST Print View

There are many posts on this shoe. Simple search forum for weights, around 2-3 oz per pair IIRC.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
John Questions on 02/08/2011 14:43:56 MST Print View

John,

I have the largest size and they weigh 1.8 ounces for the pair on my scale.

I just leave my hiking shoes on when I cross a stream so I haven't tried the light shoes to cross. I gave a pair to a friend, however, and he said they worked fine for crossing streams.

They have, of course, crossed streams within my hiking shoes but I don't think that counts.

They are thicker and stiffer than typical shoe inserts. I like that because it gives my feet a little more protection from sharp rocks than a lighter insert would. By the way, I put the mesh on the downside when I use them as shoe inserts.

I tried to use the "insert image at cursor" feature for the hot link to the shoes but it doen't work with links to websites. Glad you were able to connect to it.

Daryl

Gregory Petliski
(gregpphoto) - F
RE on 02/16/2011 17:26:05 MST Print View

WOW! Cheaper and lighter than crocs even! And since theyre mesh-like theyll dry the feet out well. Great find, thanks for sharing.

Matthew Marasco
(BabyMatty) - F

Locale: Western/Central PA, Adirondacks
re: on 02/25/2011 20:34:27 MST Print View

For those of you who use the aqua shoes, what is your shoe size, and what size of the shoe fits you?

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Camp Shoe As Shoe Insert on 03/20/2011 22:59:30 MDT Print View

I'm definitely seduced by their compactness and very light weight! I am leery, however, about how good they are in padding your feet against jagged rocks? Some of us have tender soles. Sigh.