November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB - Cheap SUL Pack - MYOG ok
Display Avatars Sort By:
Here There
(cowexnihilo) - MLife
WTB - Cheap SUL Pack - MYOG ok on 02/06/2011 09:10:17 MST Print View

I'm looking to pick up a SUL loaner pack, something in the 1500ci-2000ci range that will fit a large torso. Looking for something 10oz or less, ideally with a simple design like a Zpacks Zero. The most important factor is price, so I'm also interested in MYOG items or packs that fall a little outside of the specs listed above. Looking to spend less than $50, since I can always pick up a new sil Zero for that if I don't find anything else.

What's out there?

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Possibility? on 02/06/2011 11:10:15 MST Print View

I might be able to make you one. I've been making packs in the 8-10 range (with hipbelt, stirnum straop and one pocket) out of both dyneema gridstop and 2.2 oz nylone. I would guess it would be a few weeks before I could devote much time to a project like this so it could be a month or so before you get it. I'm pretty sure we could keep the price under $50 without much trouble.

Edited by Cameron on 02/06/2011 11:11:28 MST.

Larry Dyer
(veriest1) - F

Locale: Texas
Scrambler on 02/06/2011 18:08:41 MST Print View

I have a mountain hardware scrambled (1st gen) that has been lightened up a bit and comes in around 10 ounces without the foam backpanel. These did not sell with a hipbelt though.

It has a small tear on the back panel of about 1 cm that needs to be sewn or patched.

It's yours for $35 shipped in the Contintal US.