Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB - Cheap SUL Pack - MYOG ok
Display Avatars Sort By:
Here There
(cowexnihilo) - MLife
WTB - Cheap SUL Pack - MYOG ok on 02/06/2011 09:10:17 MST Print View

I'm looking to pick up a SUL loaner pack, something in the 1500ci-2000ci range that will fit a large torso. Looking for something 10oz or less, ideally with a simple design like a Zpacks Zero. The most important factor is price, so I'm also interested in MYOG items or packs that fall a little outside of the specs listed above. Looking to spend less than $50, since I can always pick up a new sil Zero for that if I don't find anything else.

What's out there?

Thanks!

-David

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
Possibility? on 02/06/2011 11:10:15 MST Print View

I might be able to make you one. I've been making packs in the 8-10 range (with hipbelt, stirnum straop and one pocket) out of both dyneema gridstop and 2.2 oz nylone. I would guess it would be a few weeks before I could devote much time to a project like this so it could be a month or so before you get it. I'm pretty sure we could keep the price under $50 without much trouble.
Luke

Edited by Cameron on 02/06/2011 11:11:28 MST.

Larry Dyer
(veriest1) - F

Locale: Texas
Scrambler on 02/06/2011 18:08:41 MST Print View

I have a mountain hardware scrambled (1st gen) that has been lightened up a bit and comes in around 10 ounces without the foam backpanel. These did not sell with a hipbelt though.

It has a small tear on the back panel of about 1 cm that needs to be sewn or patched.

It's yours for $35 shipped in the Contintal US.