I bought a 1 oz pillow last year, but it was in stock.
Here is the problem with the start-up cottage manufacturers. They can design and construct a good product, but they do not know how to run a business. Some educate themselves before or immediately after, and others learn the hard way, thought the real-world process of hard knocks. Longevity depends upon good customer service at a minimum, and great for long term success. And this customer service must extend beyond the purchase experience to include after sales support. Also you cannot order a product if it is not in stock, such as Gossamer Gear. Some companies do a good job during the ordering process, drop out of sight, but deliver on time. So here is my experience and I will rank them performance and then sub-ranked by groups.
1. McHale, on-going communication every step of the way. The best of the best.
2. ZPacks, ongoing communication... some products in stock.
3. Tim Marshall, ongoing communication.
1. Tarp Tents, in stock and good communication.
2. Gossamer Gear, in stock and good communication.
3. ULA (Frankel era), most in stock, out of stock delivered on time.
1. Nunatak, custom built, good ordering experience, on time with little communication.
2. MLD, some in stock, custom built good ordering, on time with little communication.
3. Six Moons, some in stock, custom built good ordering, on time with little communication.
Good personal buying experience with all above. Also with some of them I indicated I was in no hurry. Those companies that have a reputation of poor communication and late delivery I do not do business with. I can get a comparable product from someone else... and if it costs a little more, the service is worth the additional expense.