Forum Index » GEAR » Revivex wash-in vs. Revivex spray

Display Avatars Sort By:
Paul Luther
(eredluin) - M

Locale: Northeast
Revivex wash-in vs. Revivex spray on 03/27/2005 15:11:42 MST Print View

Hi, I'm curious about the effectivness of either product. Does one work better than the other? Ease of application? Which one lasts longer?
Thanks,
Paul

Richard Nisley
(richard295) - M

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
ReviveX on 03/27/2005 16:06:08 MST Print View

The wash-in version is easier to get complete coverage, but they work equally well in my experience. The wash-in version should not be used with wicking linings.

Paul Luther
(eredluin) - M

Revivex on 03/28/2005 18:44:28 MST Print View

Richard, thanks for your reply. It was difficult to get proper coverage with the spray. I treated my Helium pullover last November and used nearly 2/3 of the bottle, and I still missed spots!(g) I will try the wash-in version next time around.
Thanks
Paul

Richard Nisley
(richard295) - M

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area
DWR and Permethrin on 03/29/2005 03:25:37 MST Print View

Mosquitoes bite through light wind shirts made of materials such as Pertex Microlight. Permethrin, put on after any DWR, cuts the DWR effectiveness in about 1/2. Permethrin put on before the DWR cuts the DWR effectiveness to about 0.

It appears that you have to make your choice as to whether you want to be dry or bug free but the ultralight combination is not easily attainable.

This would be a good BPL topic for Jordan.

Kevin Sawchuk
(ksawchuk) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Waterproofing/DWR solutions on 04/01/2005 15:58:36 MST Print View

It is my feeling after treating a Patagonia Houdini with wash-in Nikwax that it didn't take very well. Do the siliconized fabrics need some other type of DWR spray? You certainly can't seam seal them with typical seam sealants.

Jason Smith
(JasonS) - MLife

Spray vs Wash-in on 04/01/2005 21:44:00 MST Print View

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that it was more effective to use the spray if breathabilty was a concern as the wash-in applied the DWR to the inside of the jacket as well causing water on the inside to condense.