Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Flip Flop Flippin: One man's look for character(s) on the AT

Display Avatars Sort By:
Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Flip Flop Flippin: One man's look for character(s) on the AT on 02/03/2011 11:13:14 MST Print View

If you've not see Scott "Squatch" Herriot's thru-hiking films you should stop what you're doing and immediately beg, borrow, or steal a copy of one or all of them. What are you still doing here? Go find and watch his films. They're hilarious, informative, and you just might know one of the hikers he features.

Squatch has made a name for himself amongst thru-hikers with his excellent antics and quirky film-making style. I personally hope to see more of what he's got to offer and look forward to adding his proposed project Flip Flop Flippin: One man's look for character(s) on the AT to my collection of his fine "Walk" series of films.

Squatch has focused primarily on the Pacific Crest Trail and now has his sights set on the Appalachian Trail. My guess is that if he was able to find and film so many gem hikers on the PCT his findings on the AT are going to be over-the-top. There is however one problem - money. Squatch is truly an indie film maker and as such is probably a completely broke, possibly homeless guy who likes to make movies. I jest, I jest (he probably isn't homeless but may live in a van down by the river).

Squatch's new film project is currently in the funding stage and you can help out using a great project-funding system called Kick Starter. Learn more and pledge your support here:

Kickstarter: Help fund Flip Flop Flippin: One man's look for character(s) on the AT. I recommend pledging $25 so you get a copy of the film.

Edited by sharalds on 02/03/2011 11:13:39 MST.

Devin Montgomery
(dsmontgomery) - MLife

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble
Re: Flip Flop Flippin: One man's look for character(s) on the AT on 02/03/2011 11:52:40 MST Print View

Right on! I actually recommend supporting just about anything on Kickstarter, and this looks like a very cool project.

Todd Hein
(todd1960) - MLife

Locale: Coastal Southern California
AT Doc on 02/03/2011 12:34:05 MST Print View

I just did this - Didn't know about Kickstarter before...I have all 4 PCT DVDs and they are really good.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Flip Flop Flippin: One man's look for character(s) on the AT on 02/03/2011 12:42:57 MST Print View

Agreed, they are really, really good.

Scott Herriott
(yetifan) - F
Thanks! on 02/05/2011 22:34:00 MST Print View

Ok, you three are officially my posse.

Many many thanks again for the support, dudes.

Now pardon me while I continue my medicine ball workout.

Take care,
Squatch

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Flip Flop Flippin: One man's look for character(s) on the AT on 02/05/2011 23:45:48 MST Print View

Sweet! I too have all the PCT series. They are great. Just watched them again last week.

Scott you should join us at the BPL gathering at Henry Coe at the end of this month.

Scott Herriott
(yetifan) - F
Henry Coe? on 02/11/2011 08:25:13 MST Print View

Where is Henry Coe? I'm in L.A...unfortunately on many levels.

(peripatetic)
Re: Henry Coe? on 02/11/2011 08:53:17 MST Print View

It's pretty darn close to San Jose.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Henry Coe? on 02/11/2011 08:56:59 MST Print View

It is between San Jose and Morgan Hill, in the east foothills. We have a BPL gathering of the tribes on Feb. 26-27th. $2 attendance fee, gear swap, camping, libations, etc. Check the Trip Announcements sect.

There are a few coming from the LA area as well as the Central Coast

Edited by kennyhel77 on 02/11/2011 08:57:49 MST.