Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » ITW NEXUS Quad Buckle

Display Avatars Sort By:
Frederick Steven Maxfield
(fredmax56) - M

Locale: New England
ITW NEXUS Quad Buckle on 02/01/2011 15:48:46 MST Print View

I am looking to purchase some ITW Nexus Airloc SR Quad buckles. I have had no luck obtaining samples. I just need a few for MYOG Packs. Does anyone know where I might find some of these buckles?
Fred Maxfield

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: ITW NEXUS Quad Buckle on 02/01/2011 16:27:30 MST Print View

Plenty of MYOG shops. OWFINC, Seattle, Rockywoods, and keep Googling.

Cheers

(fredmax56) - M

Quad Buckle on 02/01/2011 16:45:38 MST Print View

Thanks Roger,
I have tried numerous MYOG shops for this type of buckle. The only place I have found is Fastening Systems but I would need to buy a min of a 1000 buckles.
Fred

Nancy Charlier
(ncharlier) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
quad buckle on 02/02/2011 10:39:01 MST Print View

Try supplycaptain.com. Most of their ITW stuff is in military colors (tan, olive green, etc) but they have a lot of stuff.

Samuel C. Farrington
(scfhome) - M

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA
"ITW NEXUS Quad Buckle" on 02/02/2011 16:32:31 MST Print View

They have the one without the air holes at:

http://store.ryansproducts.com/5e3itwnecosi.html

Have bought cheaper knock-offs with the airholes at Ragged Mountain Equipment in Intervale NH, but they are not listed on their website.

(fredmax56) - M

ITW Nexus Quad Buckle on 02/02/2011 19:23:47 MST Print View

Nancy and Samuel,
Thanks for the info. I will check all.of those sites. I believe that there was a pack tested on BPL that used Quad Buckles on its hip belt. The belt belt had four straps two on each one on the top the other on the bottom. Do either of you remember this pack?
Fred

Samuel C. Farrington
(scfhome) - M

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA
"ITW NEXUS Quad Buckle" on 02/02/2011 21:17:27 MST Print View

Sorry, no. I make my own packs to have suspended mesh over the entire back, so don't pay much attention to the commercial offerings.

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

Locale: North San Diego county
quad buckle on 02/02/2011 23:33:43 MST Print View

I tried to get some when Itw nexus was giving out samples but no luck. The only pack I have seen these used on were by Ultimate directions torso pack for the waist belt. It did what the Mc Hale backpacks dual buckle waist belt does.

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

I found some quad hitex buckle on 02/04/2011 09:15:29 MST Print View

Fredrick,
I stopped by local REI in Encinitas,ca. and was looking at the buckles and plastic hardware section and they had 3 sets of hitex quad buckles for $1.50 a piece. Same as the ITW nexus ones for one inch webbing.
If you call the the Encinitas REI phone (760) 944-9020 they will ship them to you, I did this for a pair of Lowa renegades lo tops at the San Jose store that sold for $28.83 on clearance. Rei customer service gave the names of the stores and I called them till I found them.
I did not find the hitex quad buckle on the Rei web site.

Also with my rant about REI in another thread, like I said I have love hate relationship with them but when you have a REI less than one mile from your house it has become way to easy for gear junkie like me to stop by and see what they have on clearance. They have a bunch of kids comet back packs for you guys that have children who backpack in the clearance bin. Antifreeze puke green Gregory Z30 women's packs in the clearance bin also for the women in your life.

Hope this helps you out,
Terry

sandy boyd
(sandylwes) - F

Locale: eastern washington
suspended back panel on 02/04/2011 11:15:02 MST Print View

Samuel- would love to see pics of your pack with the suspended back panel....Im just now getting a sewing machine lined up to start my own projects and a ventilated back panel backpack is high on the list! Id love to see pics!!!!!
sandy

(fredmax56) - M

Quad Buckle on 02/04/2011 17:33:14 MST Print View

Thanks Terry,
I called REI today and bought all they had. I should get them next week.
Fred

Terry Trimble
(socal-nomad) - F

welcome on 02/04/2011 18:52:30 MST Print View

Fred ,

I am glad I could help I also notice Rei is stocking ITW nexus hardware now and using it on their packs.
Instead of the cheap poorly designed stuff from china that breaks so easily.
Terry