Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Colgate University Class Survey
Display Avatars Sort By:
Evan Chartier
(evanchartier) - M
Colgate University Class Survey on 02/01/2011 07:25:44 MST Print View

Hey everyone!

So I am here at school and I am taking a class on Nature, Culture, Politics. I am teaching the class on thursday and am looking to compare views on these topics (Nature, Culture, and Politics) across different demographics. Nothing scientific, just to see some interesting information. If any of you would like to help me out can you please answer the following questions? You dont have to answer all of them if you are uncomfortable providing certain information that is ok but please answer what you are comfortable with. You can either reply here, PM me, or email me at evanchartier@gmail.com I am interested to see what the BPL community thinks!
Thank you!

DISCLAIMER: I have no commercial interests or professional research interests of any kind. Just a survey for school. This is the only place I am putting this survey. If there are problems with me putting this on BPL please let me know!

1. Name (just first is ok)
2. Occupation
3. Age (approx. is ok)
4. Gender
5. Level of education
6. Political affiliation
7. How do you define nature (i.e. is a: chair, tree, computer, etc. nature?)
8. How important is it to protect the environment?
9. How important is it to (recycle, take public transportation, turn lights out, turn the heat down, etc)?
10.If you were voting for the next presidential candidate, would his or her stance on environmental issues contribute to your decision?
11. Do you think we are damaging the environment?
12. Are there any social norms that you can think of, that you may or may not participate in, that either impact the environment negatively or positively?

James Marco
(jamesdmarco) - MLife

Locale: Finger Lakes
Re: Colgate University Class Survey on 02/01/2011 09:34:19 MST Print View

1) Jim
2) Retired
3) 60
4) Male
5) BS+
6) None
7) Forests and Mountains
8) Very
9) Very
10)Yes
11)Yes
12)No plastic bottles, improved recycling, composting, etc...

James Patsalides
(james@patsalides.com) - MLife

Locale: New England
re: Colgate University Class Survey on 02/01/2011 10:41:41 MST Print View

1. James
2. College Professor
3. 41
4. Male
5. Couple of masters degrees
6. None - very liberal
7. Outdoors, not built by man
8. #1 priority for all of us
9. Very
10. Yes
11. Yes
12. Driving instead of walking, using and tossing plastic bottles/alum cans instead of reusable bottles, plastic bags instead of reusable bags, ... the list is endless!

Good luck!

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Colgate University Class Survey on 02/01/2011 11:06:24 MST Print View

1. Name (just first is ok) - Ben
2. Occupation - retired
3. Age (approx. is ok) - 50
4. Gender - M
5. Level of education - MBA
6. Political affiliation - none (see myself as a moderate voter)
7. How do you define nature (i.e. is a: chair, tree, computer, etc. nature?) - anything not made by humans
8. How important is it to protect the environment? - Important - but needs to be balanced with other priorities
9. How important is it to (recycle, take public transportation, turn lights out, turn the heat down, etc)? Important. Recycling should be done together with continued resource exploration and diversification -- and conservation!

10.If you were voting for the next presidential candidate, would his or her stance on environmental issues contribute to your decision? It will be one of several criteria.

11. Do you think we are damaging the environment? Of course. Realistically, keeping 6 billion people alive will always be damaging to our environment. Methinks the issue is to keep damages to a sustainable level.

12. Are there any social norms that you can think of, that you may or may not participate in, that either impact the environment negatively or positively? Positive norms -- more recycling, more re-using. And I wish businesses can cut down on fanciful, unneeded packaging.

Hope this helps. Have fun with your class!

Edited by ben2world on 02/01/2011 13:36:13 MST.