Forum Index » Philosophy & Technique » Thermarest Z-Lite: How many panels are needed?

Display Avatars Sort By:
John Castro-Rappl
(Jabber) - MLife
Thermarest Z-Lite: How many panels are needed? on 01/28/2011 17:02:09 MST Print View

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find much in a few searches.

Here's the deal:

I just got the BPL pack, and while I like it a whole lot, it doesn't have a ton of space. The sleeping pad I have now is a size small Thermarest Z-Lite, which, unfortunately, takes up a ton of space.

I haven't trimmed it at all, so it's at a full 10 panels in length. I'm about 5'9, and wondering if I need the full pad, or can trim down some for extra room/less weight. The pack already has a frame, so fitting it into a pad holder isn't an issue.

Jacob Linton
(gardenhead) - M

Locale: Western NC
Outside on 01/29/2011 17:50:36 MST Print View

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but doesn't the Absaroka have an open spot on the back (farthest from your body)? If that's the case, I'm sure it's got some grosgrain loops or something and you could just strap the pad on the outside of the pack with some shock chord.

John Castro-Rappl
(Jabber) - MLife
Loops on 01/29/2011 20:03:27 MST Print View

Yup, and I feel silly for just realizing it now. It's the perfect spacing for the pad too. Any suggestions on where to get the cord/cordlock?