Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
online pricing- teaser pricing practice
Display Avatars Sort By:
Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
online pricing- teaser pricing practice on 01/27/2011 08:09:45 MST Print View

This seems to be really (really) catching on unfortunately :( Several good search engines out there to help you find what you're looking for and for a good price, sadly not nearly as effective anymore because of "teaser" pricing. Example you're searching for x brand vest and see x online company has it on sale for $49.99, great you think-you click on it only to find out the $49.99 is for size XXS in My Little Pony pink, black in size L is full MSRP @ $99.99 as is every single other color and every single other size!

It used to be just a few were doing this, now it appears dam(n) everyone is getting into the act- severely degrading the search engines usefulness

Aaron Benson
(AaronMB) - F

Locale: Central Valley California
Agreed. on 01/27/2011 10:31:12 MST Print View

I've started seeing a lot of this too, Mike - with all sorts of different products. It is indeed frustrating. Caveat emptor!

chris kersten
(xanadu) - F

Locale: here
true on 01/27/2011 16:47:07 MST Print View

I just played that game before Christmas. "60% off my favorite brand!" I went there and it would be "xs" or "xxxl" of the jacket and that was only in some vomit green color. I went somewhere else and told them why.

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
telling them on 01/27/2011 16:51:45 MST Print View

^ maybe that's the key- if enough folks let them know they were unhappy about that, maybe (guy can hope can't he :)) they would quite doing it??????