November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ron Bell
(mountainlaureldesigns) - F - M

Locale: USA
MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price on 01/26/2011 17:55:50 MST Print View

We now have the Klymit Inertia X Sleep pad.

Intro price of $85- $20 off list for a very limited time.

Why I like it:

• Very light for length and width
• Comfy for back and side sleepers - on my side my hip bone does not bottom out. -I'm 6'1" 180m lbs.
• Packs very small
• Bottom is much tougher than the top and tougher than other pads in the UL weight range with that much coverage.
• Add a 2oz .125 " thick EVA pad under it and the temp rating get's it into the 20'.
• Can be user modified to become a great sub 7oz torso pad.

It's rare at MLD that we carry other brands. This is one I can recommend without hesitation.

It is a specialized pad and does not cover the complete all year round pad needs of a devoted UL'er, but it's exactly perfect for about 80% of the overnights I do during the year and with an extra EVA pad covers about 90%.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price on 01/26/2011 18:00:01 MST Print View

Thanks, Ron.

Due to the design, I'm sure you're aware of the speculation surrounding these pads. Your endorsement will mean a lot. Now, if I can just find that extra $85......

BTW, beautiful picture of the frost covered Trailstar on your homepage.

Edited by T.L. on 01/26/2011 18:04:00 MST.

Ron Bell
(mountainlaureldesigns) - F - M

Locale: USA
Re: Re: MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price on 01/26/2011 18:57:57 MST Print View

I think some folks who are shorter than about 5'8" and over 6'3 might not find it a good fit. SO- Looks like about 5'9- 6'2 - under 190lbs is closer to a sweet spot for fit- but that's a lot of backpacking people.

We had considered carrying the NeoAirs well over a year ago but we reluctant due to the high initial report of punctures. The Inertia X bottom feels more durable to me- it's lighter than the top fabric. After a year in the field I've not heard much about puncture problems compared to reg style and much heavier wt inflatable pads.

Even though it's on the narrower than some inflatables- the way the ridges are oriented and that it is thinner means I don't slip off
so easy while turning on my side.

Of course, a sleep pad is like a good pack fit- nothing one item works perfectly for everyone...

Also- I'm going to get a spare valve somewhere and when I cut it to a torso pad I can turn the cut off end into an awesome UL pillow!

Jeremy Platt
(jeremy089786) - F

Locale: Sydney
MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price on 01/26/2011 23:14:42 MST Print View

Just ordered mine as well as some other bits and pieces, super excited.

Richard DeLong
(Legkohod) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Europe / Caucasus
with quilts? on 01/27/2011 04:06:04 MST Print View

How does this go together with quilts?