MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ron Bell
(mountainlaureldesigns) - F - M

Locale: USA
MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price on 01/26/2011 17:55:50 MST Print View

We now have the Klymit Inertia X Sleep pad.

Intro price of $85- $20 off list for a very limited time.

Why I like it:

• Very light for length and width
• Comfy for back and side sleepers - on my side my hip bone does not bottom out. -I'm 6'1" 180m lbs.
• Packs very small
• Bottom is much tougher than the top and tougher than other pads in the UL weight range with that much coverage.
• Add a 2oz .125 " thick EVA pad under it and the temp rating get's it into the 20'.
• Can be user modified to become a great sub 7oz torso pad.

It's rare at MLD that we carry other brands. This is one I can recommend without hesitation.

It is a specialized pad and does not cover the complete all year round pad needs of a devoted UL'er, but it's exactly perfect for about 80% of the overnights I do during the year and with an extra EVA pad covers about 90%.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price on 01/26/2011 18:00:01 MST Print View

Thanks, Ron.

Due to the design, I'm sure you're aware of the speculation surrounding these pads. Your endorsement will mean a lot. Now, if I can just find that extra $85......

BTW, beautiful picture of the frost covered Trailstar on your homepage.

Edited by T.L. on 01/26/2011 18:04:00 MST.

Ron Bell
(mountainlaureldesigns) - F - M

Locale: USA
Re: Re: MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price on 01/26/2011 18:57:57 MST Print View

I think some folks who are shorter than about 5'8" and over 6'3 might not find it a good fit. SO- Looks like about 5'9- 6'2 - under 190lbs is closer to a sweet spot for fit- but that's a lot of backpacking people.

We had considered carrying the NeoAirs well over a year ago but we reluctant due to the high initial report of punctures. The Inertia X bottom feels more durable to me- it's lighter than the top fabric. After a year in the field I've not heard much about puncture problems compared to reg style and much heavier wt inflatable pads.

Even though it's on the narrower than some inflatables- the way the ridges are oriented and that it is thinner means I don't slip off
so easy while turning on my side.

Of course, a sleep pad is like a good pack fit- nothing one item works perfectly for everyone...

Also- I'm going to get a spare valve somewhere and when I cut it to a torso pad I can turn the cut off end into an awesome UL pillow!

Jeremy Platt
(jeremy089786) - F

Locale: Sydney
MLD Inertia X Sleep Pads Intro Price on 01/26/2011 23:14:42 MST Print View

Just ordered mine as well as some other bits and pieces, super excited.

Richard DeLong
(Legkohod) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Europe / Caucasus
with quilts? on 01/27/2011 04:06:04 MST Print View

How does this go together with quilts?