Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Finished Reflectix Cozys

Display Avatars Sort By:
Johnny Gish
(jtgish) - F

Locale: Coppell, Texas
Finished Reflectix Cozys on 09/25/2006 07:47:23 MDT Print View

I bought one roll of reflectix, one roll of aluminum foil tape, and one roll of velcro and this is what turned out.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was able to make 25 cozys that will house a quart size bag. The materials cost 25 dollars so it cost me 1 dollar each to make instead of 12 dollars from antigravitygear.
All I did was cut, fold, and tape.

J W
(jhaura) - F

Locale: www.Trailability.com
Re: Cozy on 09/25/2006 09:42:30 MDT Print View

Nice. Wanna sell one? Email me at jhaura *__at__* gmail *__dot__* com.

Michael Davis
(mad777) - F

Locale: South Florida
Re: Finished Reflectix Cozys on 09/25/2006 15:43:26 MDT Print View

Excellent work! Can you post a weight?

Johnny Gish
(jtgish) - F

Locale: Coppell, Texas
Finished Reflectix Cozys on 09/25/2006 20:32:40 MDT Print View

weight is 1.1-1.2oz, some weighed in at 1.1 and others at 1.2.

Richard Stein
(buckaroobanzai) - F
Finished Reflectix Cozys on 09/26/2006 17:41:29 MDT Print View

Looks like a nice way to add a little extra insulation for your feet on a cold night, especially if it could open up without causing problems with the tape.

Buckaroo

David Lewis
(davidlewis) - MLife

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: Re: Cozy on 09/27/2006 05:02:07 MDT Print View

Jhaura: You can find this stuff in the insulation area of any building supply store... and all you have to do is cut it out with some scissors and then fold and tape. Also get some self adhesive velco if you want for sealing the flap.

One thing I noticed about these though is that they are like a pocket... which you load from the top. I like the anti-gravity design of the frezzer bag cozy being like wings that open up and fold over the bag. That's what I use (they threw it in for free with a big order I made). I think the top-loading pocket might be slightly more cumbersome (just slightly) to load.

Michael Davis
(mad777) - F

Locale: South Florida
Origami anyone? on 09/27/2006 06:14:38 MDT Print View

You know, with a little trial and error,(maybe a lot of error), one could try some imaginative folding techniques to create gussets in the taped bottom and the one taped side. Any origami experts out there with free time?