Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Shuttle help- Blue Ridge Parkway North Carolina
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ike Jutkowitz
(Ike) - M

Locale: Central Michigan
Shuttle help- Blue Ridge Parkway North Carolina on 01/24/2011 08:34:16 MST Print View

I'm planning to hike the Mountains to Sea Trail sections 9-12 this March (either the 21st or the 28th). Does anyone know of a shuttle that would pick me up at the Beacon Hill Overlook and drive me to Balsam Gap? Do I need to be worried that the BRP will be closed this time of year?

Also, do I need bear bagging, bug spray, sunscreen this time of year in NC?

Thanks

Misfit Mystic
(cooldrip)

Locale: "Grand Canyon of the East"
RE: Shuttle help-BRP on 01/24/2011 09:11:18 MST Print View

Hi Ike, you won't need bug spray, but you definitely need bear-bagging gear. I would carry a little sunscreen just in case.

On the shuttle front, I don't know of any commercial shuttle services, but I would be happy to help you out. I live really close to the areas you'll be hiking through; I could certainly shuttle you. Haven't checked if you are set up for PMs, but if so, I'll shoot you one in a few...

Bradford Rogers
(Mocs123) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Tennessee
Re: Shuttle help- Blue Ridge Parkway North Carolina on 01/24/2011 17:13:51 MST Print View

You probably won't need bug spray or sunscreen but you will need to bear bag. Pura Vida Adventures runs shuttles in that area, or at least they used to (772) 579-0005

Ike Jutkowitz
(Ike) - M

Locale: Central Michigan
Thank you on 01/25/2011 08:50:15 MST Print View

I really appreciate the info. Should be good to go now!