Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Option Suggestion / Request
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Option Suggestion / Request on 01/16/2011 19:34:12 MST Print View

Like to make a request. More and more of us now have cable, DSL, or other high-speed connections. Is it possible to add a feature in our Profile to set the number of posts per page -- and/or a "show all" option? Right now, pages are added as posts accumulate -- and it can get tedious to continually clicking pages, given that nowadays, downloading all the posts in one fell swoop takes hardly any additional time.

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Option Suggestion / Request on 01/17/2011 00:45:38 MST Print View

Hi Ben

I had thought of that one too, but can you imagine downloading ALL of the Rog T Global Warming thread every time you want to see what page 91 has?

Cheers

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Re: Option Suggestion / Request on 01/18/2011 00:01:14 MST Print View

Maybe the first time around, but that's likely about it. :)

But seriously, methinks BPL should either let users set the number of posts per view -- or maybe BPL can just increase the number of posts per page globally? How many of us are still on AOL modem dial up anyway?

Michael L
(mpl_35) - MLife

Locale: The Palouse
Re: Re: Re: Option Suggestion / Request on 01/18/2011 07:33:08 MST Print View

"How many of us are still on AOL modem dial up anyway?"

--I am. Well not AOL, but dial-up. Thanks for asking. I hope you can tell I'm bitter.

That said, at work I'm blazing fast and I agree with your original request.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Option Suggestion / Request on 01/24/2011 11:17:39 MST Print View

I'll be honest with you, we won't be making many costly upgrades to the current forum software but rather focusing our efforts on a complete rebuild (tentatively scheduled for 2011). When that upgrade happens all of everyone's wildest dreams will be fulfilled.