Staring at the above map...
1. Despite being the second largest country in the world, most all Canadians live close to the US -- so they pretty much blend in with us.
2. Fascinating how the US is divided so neatly into two halves -- practically a straight line from north to south! Population sparses out just as soon as you leave the prairie states -- until you reach the Pacific coast.
3. Great graphical depiction of developed vs. developing vs. under-developing countries. Pity Africa. But Philippines and Indonesia are surprisingly well lit.
4. Australia is almost one big empty space -- except for the east coast (Sydney/Melbourne) and a bit on the west (Perth).
5. Except for Turkey and Indonesia -- most all Muslim countries are dimmed way down. Did Facebook insult the prophet or something?
6. China and Russia are conspicuously absent! Both have their own domestic "friend" networks. Additionally, China actively blocks out Facebook!
Feel free to add your observations!