Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven 50% off on Steep And Cheap!
Display Avatars Sort By:
will sawyer
(wjsawyer) - F

Locale: Connecticut
Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven 50% off on Steep And Cheap! on 01/11/2011 07:59:13 MST Print View

http://www.steepandcheap.com/

- "ridiculously cool"
- matchless lighters
- "pretty compact"

an ultralight chef's dream come true!

hehe...

Todd Dea
(busguy)

Locale: Coast Mountains
. . . on 01/11/2011 09:10:41 MST Print View

does it come with a sherpa ?

John McAlpine
(HairlessApe) - M

Locale: PNW
Cool Item on 01/11/2011 09:24:51 MST Print View

They have this stove on and off for the last 3 months. It's tempting to buy one and stick it in my garage as an emergency cook source if the big one hits us here in Seattle.

Aaron Reichow
(areichow)

Locale: Northern Minnesota
Re: Cool Item on 01/11/2011 10:35:14 MST Print View

I have some friends who would bring this sort of thing on car camping trips, even 1-2 mile hike-in/cart-in sites! I can just envision one of these friends make her boyfriend lug one to the site in a big Duluth Pack so that she could make us brownies or some sort of muffin-tin soufflé. *shakes head* To each their own, I suppose. :D

Joe Clement
(skinewmexico) - MLife

Locale: Southwest
Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven 50% off on Steep And Cheap! on 01/11/2011 10:42:32 MST Print View

I'll admit, I'm tempted. Pretty cool for emergencies/car camping/tailgating.

stephan q
(khumbukat) - F
Easy Bake Oven-great price on 01/11/2011 11:31:16 MST Print View

Got one for my cabin. Well made. Works great, runs for many hours on 1lb propane tank. Top burners are high output. No thermostat on oven, though. After a few uses, you get the hang of it. Veggie chili and cornbread, ect. We plan to take it car camping as well. My 2 cents.

Kevin Babione
(KBabione) - MLife

Locale: Pennsylvania
Camp Chef Outdoor Oven on 01/11/2011 11:34:00 MST Print View

My backpack of choice is a GG Murmur but I will admit to owning the Camp Chef Outdoor Oven (complete with case, LP adapter, and 25 LB LP tank). It's obviously not for backpacking, but it works really well for car camping.

If you're using the oven to bake you just need to make sure that it's truly preheated for the temperature to stabilize.

It's a great deal, but it is quite bulky.