November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
MSR Evo Tour 22 Snowshoe
Display Avatars Sort By:
Rod Wolfy
(rodwolfy) - F - MLife
MSR Evo Tour 22 Snowshoe on 01/07/2011 17:30:41 MST Print View

This is a newer Evo snowshoe (same features as the Evo Ascent $210), but with a quick release binding. Listed at $179, but I got them for 30% off - $126 at Altrec.

Jeffrey McConnell
sold out on 01/07/2011 19:56:14 MST Print View

Good find, seems they're sold out now. Too bad, just what I was looking for. Is the binding the only difference between the two?

Rod Wolfy
(rodwolfy) - F - MLife
MSR Tour on 01/10/2011 23:52:19 MST Print View

Yes. I looked over reviews and comparisons. The only difference is the Ascent has heavy duty bindings. The new bindings need to be adjusted to your boot prior to putting them on; however, they are reportedly rugged enough for all but the most difficult of climbing. The Tours even come with a removable third strap that can go over you foot at the front of the ankle. Even at regular price ($180), they're $30 cheaper than the Ascent ($210).