Forum Index » Gear Deals » Mountainfitter Tube Sock

Display Avatars Sort By:
Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
Mountainfitter Tube Sock on 01/05/2011 22:41:09 MST Print View

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a new product I am now offering on my website. It's called the "tube sock". Its a cuben fiber tent pole bag and tent stake bag that have been bonded together. The tent pole bag measures 24"x4" and will hold up to 22" long poles. The tent stake bag measures 9"x3.5" and will hold up to 8" long stakes. Weight:.68oz; 19.4 grams Price; $15.95 w/Free Shipping

I only have a limited number currently instock. For more information please check out my website.

Mountainfitter.com

Thanks,
Lawson

Photo is shown with 21.5" long .380" poles and a bag full of Mountainfitter Ti-Eye's

Mountainfitter Cuben Fiber Tube Sock Tent Stake and Tent Pole Bag

Edited by Mountainfitter on 01/05/2011 22:46:49 MST.

Jace Mullen
(climberslacker) - F

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.
Tube Sock on 01/05/2011 23:56:19 MST Print View

I like this idea even though I tend to just wrap tent/poles/stakes together and put the roll into the long pocket on my mariposa.

A comment about your website as well (That you may not be able to do anything about): As far as I can tell, when something is out of stock, there is no price for it. Maybe it is because there may be price changes but especially for Cuben items, I do like to know how much it costs so I know if I need to start pinching pennies or not.

Thanks!

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
tent stake bag on 01/06/2011 13:10:17 MST Print View

Lawson- you used to list just a tent stake bag, any plans on offering just the stake bag again? I'd use mine as a combo stake bag/rock throw for bear bag- I don't have any tent poles :)

thanks

Mike

Ryan C
(ryandaskier) - F

Locale: Hampton Roads, VA
Re: tent stake bag on 01/06/2011 15:03:40 MST Print View

I agree with Mike, I'd like to see just the stake bag as an option as well.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Good Point on 01/06/2011 15:58:51 MST Print View

Good Point on also selling them separately. Does the 9"x3.5" work?

Thanks,
Lawson

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

length on 01/06/2011 16:53:30 MST Print View

they would work for my Groundhog stakes (7.5"), but too short for my Blizzard stakes- they're 10" in length- would be handy to have just one stake bag :)

Forbes Belk
(ForbesB) - F

Locale: Bay Area
Re on 01/06/2011 17:34:32 MST Print View

Pseudo Unrelated:

1) Love the Bearbag system, Lawson. Played with it in the park near my apartment the other day for the weight it's going to be a dream to use.

2) It was you who did the Cuben Pack Liners back a few months right? Any thoughts on bringing those back? Bout to have to go buy a box of compactor bags for the spring anyways.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Packliners on 01/06/2011 23:09:46 MST Print View

Yep I was the one selling packliners. Everything should be back in stock soon. I am kicking myself for not buying enough when there wasnt a cuben shortage. I got some blue cuben last week but it had a darker streak running down the center so I went back to the standard grey. I purchased quite a bit of material this time so I wouldn't run out. I plan to keep bags in stock from here on out ready to ship the same day.. Cubic Tech was shipping the material yesterday so I should have the new material by the mid week. My hopes are to have everything back on the website by end of next week along with some of the add on products I recently added.

Hey Michael,

As far as one stake bag works for everything. What size were you thinking.. 12" long x 4" wide? Longer..Wider.. Let me know your thoughts

Thanks,
Lawson

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

stake bag on 01/07/2011 07:15:37 MST Print View

Lawson- that should be sufficient for any stakes that I'm aware of

Mike

Ryan C
(ryandaskier) - F

Locale: Hampton Roads, VA
Re: Good Point on 01/07/2011 21:29:33 MST Print View

The 9"x3.5" size would work for me. Might even be able to get away with slightly thinner like 9"x3"?