Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
MontBell Sale at frontcountry.com
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ryan Gabriel
(rgabriel) - F

Locale: Bay Area
MontBell Sale at frontcountry.com on 01/05/2011 22:07:28 MST Print View

Sale on select MontBell items. Just received a UL down inner jacket for $121 out the door. BTW, I love this jacket so far.

http://www.frontcountry.com/site/xdpy/sb/Montbell.htm

Peter Longobardi
(paintplongo) - F

Locale: Hopefully on the Trail
why on 01/06/2011 06:58:24 MST Print View

DAMN YOU!!!!!!

thanks.

Jared Dilg
(Village) - MLife

Locale: Texas
Re: MontBell Sale at frontcountry.com on 01/06/2011 07:58:20 MST Print View

I wear my inner jacket every day! Does anyone own both the inner jacket and the UL wind parka? Should the same size wind parka fit over the inner jacket, or should I size up? The size Large inner jacket fits me perfectly.

Peter Longobardi
(paintplongo) - F

Locale: Hopefully on the Trail
Wind Jacket on 01/06/2011 08:10:48 MST Print View

I had a down innner last fall and purchased a wind jacket in the same size, but it was too small. I would definitely size up if I were you.

Richard Barish
(rdbarish) - F

Locale: New Mexico
Thanks for the heads up! on 01/06/2011 11:34:54 MST Print View

I snagged a Ex Light Down Inner Jacket for $133. I'm curious - why did you guys purchase the UL instead of the Ex Lt for only a few dollars more?

Nathaniel McCartney
(theleafman) - MLife

Locale: Central PA
Montbell Sale Over on 01/06/2011 11:53:11 MST Print View

The prices returned to normal right before my very eyes. Wish I'd seen this earlier!

Ryan Gabriel
(rgabriel) - F

Locale: Bay Area
pockets (aka hand warmers) on 01/06/2011 12:00:11 MST Print View

Trust me, I've given it a lot of thought, but at the end, I needed a place to put my giftcards on the way to Starbucks.

Kidding aside, yeah, I sacrificed the difference in weight for the pockets for when the jacket is worn as an outside layer. Also, just FYI, frontcountry's website states the UL inner with a standard DWR finish - the one I received has the DWR finish with MontBell's Polkatex, which claims to hold it's "DWR-ness" through 100 washes. I'll let you guys know in about 50 years if this holds true.