Forum Index » Post-Trip Reports » Joshua Tree 1.1.11

Display Avatars Sort By:
Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Joshua Tree 1.1.11 on 01/01/2011 23:55:47 MST Print View

Not backpacking, but running around and climbing in the beautiful West for the New Year.

It's a really sweet season for Joshua Tree, I'll be back again to backpack in a week.

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
"Joshua Tree 1.1.11" on 01/02/2011 00:22:34 MST Print View

It looks sweet indeed.

Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
Craig on 01/04/2011 14:15:06 MST Print View

Glad you got out there after all. I was also able to go, the wind almost blew me off the hill the first day so I got to test my tarping skills pretty well! My sleep system failed miserably so I froze every night but I had a great time. I'll also be going back for sure, really great place for wandering.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Craig on 01/04/2011 16:43:45 MST Print View

Yeah Adan...I was supposed to fastpack/run the park on Sunday/Monday of last week but I've been sick, not up for a trip that big.

Reading your recent TR, it looks like we both got our share of crazy weather out there though. Last weekend was good, but two weeks before that I had alot of what you dealt with.

We'll still have to get out together soon.
Cheers.

Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
Re: JT on 01/05/2011 07:54:59 MST Print View

Yeah, the wind was pretty bad, worst I've had in years of sleeping out, certainly since tarping. I really dig some of the detail shots you get, my cammie wont do that stuff well. Looking forward to gettin out when our schedules allow.

Trevor Wilson
(trevor83) - MLife

Locale: Swiss Alps / Southern Appalachians
Re: Re: Craig on 01/05/2011 08:27:13 MST Print View

Really great pics Craig!

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Joshua Tree 1.1.11 on 01/10/2011 13:29:56 MST Print View

Craig,

Great pictures.

I wish you guys would stop posting about JNP, it just encourages more people to go there :)

Just kidding.