After about 15 days of use, the locking mechanism on my set of c3 Airshocks began to loosen and the pole sections would collapse more and more often, until the poles became almost unusable. Rather than simply return them, I took them apart to see what the problem was. Here is what I found:
The locking components were not securely set into the pole sections, so when twisting the poles to tighten them up, the locking component had the tendency to simply stay in place, with the pole section turning. This prevented the locking mechanism from tightening sufficiently to lock the pole sections in place.
I fixed this by using some epoxy glue to glue the locking component securely into the pole section. Since I did that, I haven't had any issues with the poles loosening or collapsing when they aren't supposed to.