Forum Index » Editor's Roundtable » Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole REVIEW

Display Avatars Sort By:
Cat Jasins
(CatJasins) - MLife
Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole REVIEW on 09/13/2006 04:03:46 MDT Print View

Companion forum thread to:

Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole REVIEW

Len Glassner
(lsglass) - MLife

Locale: San Diego
pole weight on 10/14/2006 14:02:53 MDT Print View

Hi,

Isn't the correct weight 6.8 oz. per pole, not 6.2? The Leki site lists the weight as 13.6 oz/pair.

paul johnson
(pj) - F

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest
Re: pole weight on 10/14/2006 14:40:54 MDT Print View

6.2 = w/o trekking baskets

6.8 = with(???) or w/o(???) baskets???

Doug Johnson
(djohnson) - MLife

Locale: Washington State
Leki Carbon weight on 10/14/2006 17:47:39 MDT Print View

Hello all,

The correct weight without baskets is 6.2 ounces as measured on my scientific scale and replicated by the reviewer.

6.8 is the manufacturer claim and may include baskets- I'm not sure. The reason we meausure without baskets is the variability of baskets that are provided with trekking poles.

Hope that clears things up!

Doug Johnson

Len Glassner
(lsglass) - MLife

Locale: San Diego
pole weight on 10/15/2006 14:32:41 MDT Print View

Doug, thanks.

George Held
(Hiker) - F
Re: Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole REVIEW on 09/21/2007 20:33:30 MDT Print View

Does Leki offer a lifetime warranty on its Carbon Ergometric Trekking Poles? The review first says that Leki offers a lifetime warranty against shaft breakage, so your investment is covered if breakage should occur. However, the review also states that Leki only offers a one year warranty on their carbon fiber trekking poles. I am confused.

Edited by Hiker on 09/22/2007 10:03:56 MDT.

Sam .
(samurai) - F

Locale: NEPA
Re: Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole Warranty on 09/23/2007 19:13:08 MDT Print View

George,
When I bought mine (this spring) the paperwork that came with them clearly stated that the carbon poles have a one year warranty. All other Leki poles are warrantied for life.

Sam

George Held
(Hiker) - F
Re: Re: Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole Warranty on 09/23/2007 19:21:14 MDT Print View

Thank you, Sam, for taking the time to answer my question about the warranty on the Leki carbon poles. Have your poles worked well?

Sam .
(samurai) - F

Locale: NEPA
Re: Re: Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole Warranty on 09/25/2007 13:13:07 MDT Print View

George,
I love mine. They're very light and have a good grip. My adjustments haven't ever slipped...yet. A little salty at nearly $200 but really nice poles.

Sam

Rick Dreher
(halfturbo) - MLife

Locale: Northernish California
Re: Leki Carbon Ergometric Trekking Pole Warranty on 09/25/2007 14:21:05 MDT Print View

At the time we did the review there was conflicting information on the warranty, which wasn't yet cleared up at publishing time.

At least in the US, the shaft breakage warranty is stated as one year:

http://www.leki.com/html/trek_ultralite_main.asp

I'll note that this year, one of my joint locks came unglued from the shaft, and LEKI USA sent me a free replacement pole section after I called their consumer line. Their customer service is very responsive.