Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » Singer 347 Help!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Fleming
(GiganticMermaid) - F

Locale: Great Smoky Mountains
Singer 347 Help! on 12/28/2010 18:00:51 MST Print View

Hey everybody. I'm a long time lurker but this is my first post. First off, just want to thank you awesome people for providing me with so much info and getting my pack down to a very comfortable weight compared to the 40lbs of my old pack.

But anyways, the reason I am posting is because I finally got my hands on a sewing machine! My grandma gave me her old Singer 347. Well, this is the first time I've ever laid my hands on a sewing machine, and I have no idea how to thread the dang thing! Does anyone have the PDF file of the manual that they can email to me or anything? I would love to start practicing so I can hopefully make a few small pieces of gear for my 2011 AT hike, thanks!

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Singer 347 Help! on 12/28/2010 18:02:50 MST Print View

Google the vintage Singer Yahoo group. Most models have manuals in their archives. A good group of people. Very helpful.

Michael Fleming
(GiganticMermaid) - F

thanks on 12/28/2010 18:06:00 MST Print View

Awesome, didn't know about that. Just sent a request to join the group. Thanks

Roger Caffin
(rcaffin) - BPL Staff - MLife

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe
Re: Singer 347 Help! on 12/28/2010 23:52:39 MST Print View

> My grandma gave me her old Singer 347.
Have you thought of asking Grandma for lessons? I bet she would be thrilled.

Cheers

Michael Fleming
(GiganticMermaid) - F

Grandma on 12/29/2010 08:24:25 MST Print View

Ha, well she lives pretty far away and was only here for the holidays. But anyways, I figured it out and already sewed some cheap material together and whatnot, seems really simple. Can't wait to start on some stuff sacks :)