Forum Index » Gear Lists » My gear list

Display Avatars Sort By:
Brett Marl
(brettmarl) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
My gear list - down to 7.5 lbs base on 09/09/2006 15:49:11 MDT Print View

I just started a new blog on my ultralight gear.

My gear list in all it's glory is located on:

http://www.brettonstuff.com/?p=1

For each item of gear, I'm writing an in-depth review for the item and how we have used it.

Would love to get feedback and the site and our gear and/or comments from people on how we can fine tune.

Currently my wifes pack is 7.5 lbs base weight, and mine is 10.5 lbs.

Thanks!
-Brett

Edited by brettmarl on 09/09/2006 15:59:48 MDT.

Bill Fornshell
(bfornshell) - MLife

Locale: Southern Texas
My gear list - down to 7.5 lbs base on 09/09/2006 16:26:13 MDT Print View

Brett,

Your BLOG looks good.

You should put the size of your items where their is one such as pants, shoes, jacket etc. There is a golf like "handicap' for anyone that wears larger then size medium or size 9.5 shoe. Sure.

I think you might recheck some of your math. Not sure but some totals look low. Don't trust the posted weightof gear, weigh it yourself if you haven't.

Why is your pack list so heavy?

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: My gear list - down to 7.5 lbs base on 09/09/2006 17:30:18 MDT Print View

I agree, nice looking blog. Bill is right on listing the sizes, other than that....looks great!

Steven Nelson
(slnsf) - MLife

Locale: Northern California
Re: Re: My gear list - down to 7.5 lbs base on 09/09/2006 18:08:24 MDT Print View

Brett - nice list, and nice format!

(One small typo: it currently says "Cloudburt" for the tent.)

Edited by slnsf on 09/09/2006 18:08:48 MDT.

Frank Perkins
(fperkins)

Locale: North East
Good work. on 09/09/2006 21:00:41 MDT Print View

Great site with good info. I'm trying to decide between the GoLite Infinity and Jam and I think after reading your blog, that the Jam should be plenty big.

I'm interested to see what's in your first aid kit.

Also, any issues with the water purification tablets? I currently use a MSR miniworks pump and I'm looking to lighten up...

Scott Toraason
(kimot2)
Re: My gear list - down to 7.5 lbs base on 09/10/2006 12:30:11 MDT Print View

At first I thought you might not be warm enough as I reviewed your North Cascade hike, then I recounted your layers. Very nice site! What I was a little confused about was the opening statement of getting four days of backpacking gear into a pack, yet at the bottom the food for two was estimated for three days. However I now understand that these are not mutually exclusive statements.

Brett Marl
(brettmarl) - F

Locale: Pacific Northwest
thanks for the feedback on 09/10/2006 20:19:43 MDT Print View

thanks for the feedback.

i fixed the cloudburt typo (thanks), and the 4 vs. 3 days. a

i also completed all my gear posts - including the innards of my first aid kit and my experiences with the MicroPUR tabs.

the weights listed should be the ones that i weighed myself (unless, i've mis-typed in some areas)

bill - you say to check my math with "Why is your pack list so heavy?". not sure what you are refering to here.

great idea on including the sizes.