Alternate title #1: Shuttle? I don't need no stinkin' shuttle.
Alternate Title #2: Solo hiking the CRHT across Joshua Tree and cycling back.
My gearlist for this upcoming trip is posted in my profile...it's pretty much my standard UL kit.
1. Drive to Joshua Tree National Park North Entrance/Visitor center (terminus of the CRHT) and lock up my bike.
2. Drive through the park, stashing a gallon of water ~halfway, either outside of Ryan Campground or where the CRHT meets Geology Tour Road.
3. Drive to Black Rock Campground (start of CRHT) and leave car.
4. Hike!! I plan on doing about 25 of the ~38 miles on day 1.
5. Eat, relax, sleep.
1. Drink coffee and watch the sunrise!
3. Get to my bicycle, refill water at visitor center, and begin riding back to my car via Park Blvd. It's about a 45 mile ride according to my maps.
4. Get to car, change, drive, GET MORE COFFEE, drive...
I'm a little iffy on carrying 3 liters of water at a time as there is no water out there for 40 miles...(actually, recent rains have probably filled the huecos)...but I might err on the side of excess and end up carrying 4 instead. We'll see.