Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Any way to...
Display Avatars Sort By:
patrick walsh
(apbt1976) - F
Any way to... on 12/22/2010 14:24:58 MST Print View

Waterproof canvas work pants? I was thinking like wax or something you could apply. I think those FlyFLow work gloves are coated in a wax and then baked.

I hike 3-5 hrs a day everyday and want to make a multi purpose pant that can be worn all day everyday without having to change when i get home cuz i am wet. Canvas pants alone are plenty warm most days for me but wick moisture from the snow and get wet from the bottom up. I know i could just wear gaitors but would rather not have to go through all that for just a local walk in the woods.

Really i am just trying to figure a way to wear my favorite pants all day and not have to change when i get home. I am also trying to not look like i am heading out for a multi day trip when i am just taking the dogs for a long long walk in woods.

Jan Rezac
(zkoumal) - MLife

Locale: Prague, CZ
Re: Any way to... on 12/22/2010 14:39:17 MST Print View

Haven't tried it myself, but you may find it useful: http://www.shelby.fi/tips/greenlandwax/index.php

patrick walsh
(apbt1976) - F
Thanks.. on 12/22/2010 16:53:24 MST Print View

I looked into that wax. I think washing removes it? I found some spray stuff that says it lasts 25 washes and is geared towards cotton? I will believe it when i see it. If i don't get anymore suggestions i may just try the spray?