Forum Index » Chaff » Give a gift subscription to a friend who has a pack that's too heavy.

Display Avatars Sort By:
Chris Morgan
(ChrisMorgan) - F

Locale: Southern Oregon
Give a gift subscription to a friend who has a pack that's too heavy. on 12/15/2010 00:24:25 MST Print View

Is this the same thing as giving your wife a treadmill for christmas?

Rod Lawlor
(Rod_Lawlor) - MLife

Locale: Australia
Black eye? on 12/15/2010 01:32:55 MST Print View

Only if you friend hauls off and hits you with their 5lb boots.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Give a gift subscription to a friend who has a pack that's too heavy. on 12/15/2010 01:46:15 MST Print View

>Is this the same thing as giving your wife a treadmill for christmas?

My dad gave my mom a snow blower for christmas one year.

But, I was pondering that orange bar myself. On one hand its harmless internal advertising. On the other, its completely un-BPL compared to the past. I do understand the need to try to drum up business. To be selfish, I hope BPL never allows 3rd party advertising.....and yet....I'd rather have a BPL with advertisements than no BPL at all.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Re: Give a gift subscription to a friend who has a pack that's too heavy. on 12/15/2010 11:29:29 MST Print View

Even PBS, big as it is, still has to have friggin telethons. Telethons?!?

I say give the boys (and Addie)(and Carol, still?) a break, they're just tryin' to keep the store stocked.

Chris Morgan
(ChrisMorgan) - F

Re: Re: Re: Give a gift subscription to a friend who has a pack that's too heavy. on 12/15/2010 11:31:56 MST Print View

Oh, I have no problem with them advertising.

I wonder what kind of reaction you would get if you bought your buddy a gift subscription to BPL when his pack weighed 70 pounds. I'd want to keep the hospital on speed dial, that's all.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: Re: Re: Re: Give a gift subscription to a friend who has a pack that's too heavy. on 12/15/2010 11:35:02 MST Print View

OH, yeah I hear that. Would seem pretentious

Like sending someone a diet book

edit- OR treadmill- Duh!

Edited by WoodenWizard on 12/15/2010 11:35:35 MST.

Chris Morgan
(ChrisMorgan) - F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give a gift subscription to a friend who has a pack that's too heavy. on 12/15/2010 11:36:13 MST Print View

Edited by ChrisMorgan on 12/15/2010 11:50:49 MST.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Give a gift subscription to a friend who has a pack that's too heavy. on 12/16/2010 09:38:56 MST Print View

If you ask politely I'll send the gift subscription to your friend anonymously. As far as buying your wife a treadmill... you're on your own with that one!

As far as third-party advertising is concerned, you can read our policy on our about us

Andy F
(AndyF) - M
Re: Give a gift subscription to a friend who has a pack that's too heavy. on 12/16/2010 19:24:36 MST Print View

I want gift subscription certificates to sneak into those refrigerator-sized heavy packs at the trailhead. :D (Although, I'd never actually do something like this... because they'd never find something that small amongst all of that gear.)

Dale Crandall
(dlcrandall) - M

Locale: North Cascades
2 charged with smuggling $650,000 across border (North Cascades) on 12/17/2010 12:36:40 MST Print View

These guys have lots of such friends. Maybe some nice trekking poles also!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013699294_money17m.html

Edited by dlcrandall on 12/17/2010 12:42:04 MST.