Thanks, James & Andrew,
I'm (likely) attending a the Kagan Cooperative Learning Academy workshops, Feb 18-21. Just waiting for confirmation of funding from my school district. They have a teaching method designed to engage kids at the highest level using multiple intelligences and a bunch of other methods only another professional educator would be into (!)... :-)
Anyway, sounds like the water issues might be a challenge even for an overnight, either way. I guess I need to hit the maps and scout out two or three possibilities then zero in from there. I can probably build in a little bit more distance if I plan ahead - I'm probably adding 2 days before or after if I do this, so could always head out in the car in the evening of the last day, and hit the trail the next morning, 24 hours out, then head back to the airport from there. Perhaps another night at the airport then head back East. That's doable with a longer drive, I think.
Hey, thanks again, guys... keep the ideas coming! Cheers.
Happy trails, James.