alfredo sauce powder
Display Avatars Sort By:
Joe L
(heyyou) - MLife

Locale: Cutting brush off of the Arizona Tr
alfredo sauce powder on 12/12/2010 19:21:38 MST Print View

Betty Crocker brand, Chicken Helper, Fettuccine Alfredo packs the too thick noodles separate from the flavor packet. With the suggested added butter, the flavoring is pretty good. I believe the rich flavor of alfredo sauce is from using real butter but I'm most certainly not an expert on Italian sauces or any other foods. As a prospective thru-hiker, I am interested in tasty grocery store resupply options.

I fixed the sauce without milk but with extra cheddar cheese which is a staple for me in the first few days of a trip.

I wonder what my spouse will do with the fettuccine packets at home, after I've left with all of the flavoring packets. With ramen, I leave the flavoring/salt and just take the noodles. Fusion cuisine aka leftovers--ramen flavored fettuccine. No thanks, none for me.

Jeffs Eleven
(WoodenWizard) - F

Locale: Greater Mt Tabor
Re: alfredo sauce powder on 12/12/2010 20:17:13 MST Print View

buy her a jar of ragu

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: alfredo sauce powder on 12/12/2010 20:27:27 MST Print View

If you want just the powder go to the packet section in your grocery store - with the gravy mixes for example - and you will find both pesto and alfredo sauce mixes that can be made with oil and dry milk (for the alfredo). You can also get butter powder from www.packitgourmet.com in small amounts or from the source at www.frontiercoop.com

Anyhow, you can buy the mixes as I mentioned and add them to rice, couscous, etc and not even make a sauce.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
More ideas on 12/12/2010 20:29:19 MST Print View

You can also use the alfredo sauce powder to make these meals:
http://www.trailcooking.com/search/node/alfredo

Laurie Ann March
(Laurie_Ann) - F

Locale: Ontario, Canada
butter powder on 12/13/2010 09:48:37 MST Print View

WaltonFeed.com is also a great source for butter powder.