November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Dancing Light Gear
Display Avatars Sort By:
Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Dancing Light Gear on 08/31/2006 22:38:35 MDT Print View

I belatedly heard that Dancing Light Gear has closed shop, and the store portion of their website is no longer available ( ). Has anyone heard what happened? There was no comment of someone else taking over the manufacturing/marketing like Gossamer Gear.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Re: Dancing Light Gear on 09/01/2006 06:48:22 MDT Print View

I could never remember the URL for the DLG store so I usually Googled Dancing Light Gear store. A search for that a few minutes ago brought up nothing promising.

I remembered having posted the link to my "backpacking gear ultralight manufacturers" and upon perusing those links, found that:

is no longer working. Brawny and Rainmaker had some really good gear ideas at good prices. I came close to buying a Tacoma Solo a few times.

Ken Helwig
(kennyhel77) - MLife

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
Re: Re: Dancing Light Gear on 09/01/2006 07:37:25 MDT Print View

They have decided to call it quits

Nathan V
(Junk) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lake State
Dancing Light Gear on 09/12/2006 19:44:50 MDT Print View

That's too bad, I've bought a few things from them that have all worked great. I really love my Tacoma solo w/bug netting, I've been using it all summer, great minimalist shelter.

Rick Hancock
(RickHancock) - MLife
dancing light gear on 01/16/2007 10:22:59 MST Print View

Anti Gravity Gear sells several items patterned after DLG. They offer 2 sizes of the basic tarp tent and 2 sizes of the basic with floor and netting. Very friendly/helpful good prices too.

Sam Haraldson
(sharalds) - MLife

Locale: Gallatin Range
Dancing Light Gear on 01/16/2007 10:37:38 MST Print View

Yep, Tin Man at AntiGravityGear has happily bought the patters for some of the DancingLightGear tarptents. Here's a link if you're lazy and don't want to copy from Rick's post ; )

Richard Nelridge
(naturephoto1) - M

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania
Dancing Light Gear on 01/17/2007 04:34:40 MST Print View

Sorry to hear that Dancing Light has gone out of business. I bought some small items in the past and they are very good.

Edited by naturephoto1 on 01/17/2007 04:35:15 MST.