Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Golite.com--40% off
Display Avatars Sort By:
Andy F
(AndyF) - M

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic
Re: Shangri-la 2 on 12/28/2010 18:51:41 MST Print View

Cesar, there's a tiny image on the description tab of Golite's SL2 page which shows the dimensions as 4'9" x 9'5" if read the fine print right.

http://www.golite.com/Product/ProdDetail.aspx?p=370002110&mc=154&t=&lat=

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643)

Locale: Pacific Northwet
Re: Golite.com--40% off on 12/28/2010 19:48:11 MST Print View

Anybody recently get the golite codes to work? I've tried adding both codes in this thread to my cart and nothing happens. Last month I was able to get the codes to work (though I didn't purchase anything).

Kendall Clement
(socalpacker) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
RE: Golite.com--40% off on 12/28/2010 20:54:50 MST Print View

Daniel,

I haven't made my purchase yet, but I got the code to work just fine. Keep trying it'll work.

Todd Dea
(busguy)

Locale: Coast Mountains
code just worked for me on 12/28/2010 21:40:15 MST Print View

I just tried the code BSF10 and it worked for me on a sleeping bag . . .

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643)

Re: Re: Golite.com--40% off on 12/28/2010 23:00:28 MST Print View

wonder if it's my browser. The cart in Safari looks all garbled up, and nothing happens in firefox. I'll have to try it out on microsoft explorer (which I don't have).

James Castleberry
(Winterland76)
Golite.com - 40 % off on 12/28/2010 23:00:43 MST Print View

Daniel
I had a similar problem getting a Golite code to work earlier this year and their customer support suggested I try deleting my browser cookies and trying the code again, which did the trick.

Daniel Goldenberg
(dag4643)

Re: Golite.com - 40 % off on 12/28/2010 23:05:31 MST Print View

What an idiot. I think it's been working all along. I keep looking at the cart content expecting to see the discount there but the price stays the same. But when I look down in the subtotal area the reduced price shows up!!!!.

Cheers

Kendall Clement
(socalpacker) - MLife

RE: Golite.com--40% off on 12/28/2010 23:17:52 MST Print View

It's okay Daniel. It's the holidays. You do that in the spring and we'll all make fun of you. :)

Mark Hudson
(vesteroid) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Sierras
worked last night on 12/29/2010 07:38:25 MST Print View

I placed an order last night, that discount was too good to pass up.

I got our son the 20 degree quilt and some thermals, at 40% off that was easy.

josh wagner
(StainlessSteel) - F
sizing on 12/29/2010 20:08:21 MST Print View

any comments on the Jam sizing? i wear a medium hip belt and large torso in most packs, so often i end up making a compromise (usually medium/medium). thoughts?

Brian Hall
(brian2o0o) - F
No problem on 01/01/2011 17:22:21 MST Print View

Shouldn't have any problems, I wear a large size torso and I'm about a 32" waist. I think they are pretty much one size fits all unless you are extremely heavy or thin. I have had three golite packs in the large torso size and never had a problem with the hipbelt size.

Kendall Clement
(socalpacker) - MLife

RE: Golite.com--40% off and 2010 poncho tarp on 01/01/2011 18:59:15 MST Print View

Posting removed by socalpacker

Edited by socalpacker on 01/01/2011 22:35:40 MST.

Sean Griffin
(GriffinS)
SL Nest on 01/01/2011 20:49:43 MST Print View

Does anyone have any opinios on whether the SL Nest options would work with a MLD Trailstar?

Thanks.

Ryan Teale
(monstertruck) - F

Locale: Almost Yosemite
Inner net tent for TrailStar on 01/02/2011 00:22:59 MST Print View

I would say no. The trailstar pitches quite low compared to other pyramid style shelters. This is what makes it tricky to use any of the existing production nests with that shelter. The SL3 or SL5 nest would be too tall and the SL1 and SL2 are two pole shelters so I don't see those nests working either.

Did you see the other thread on nests for the trailstar?

Ryan

Sean Griffin
(GriffinS)
Threads on 01/02/2011 18:50:43 MST Print View

No, I have not. I was intending on simply using a groundsheet, but for the price of the GL Nests with thise code I figured I would pick up the 1/2 person if they would work with the Trailstar.

If you could point me to the threads in questions I would appreciate it.

Nvm: Searched and found a ton ><. Seems to be asked about quite often. Thank for the heads up.

Edited by GriffinS on 01/02/2011 18:53:32 MST.

John S.
(jshann) - F
Re: Threads on 01/02/2011 22:54:15 MST Print View

Search term "trailstar nest" brings up only 8 posts.

Logan Spader
(___o2) - F

Locale: .
Golite Shangri-la 2 vs MSR Twin Sisters on 01/07/2011 22:38:27 MST Print View

QUOTE: Posted by Cesar Garcia
"Shangrila 2... What are your alls thoughts on it compared to the twin sisters?"

I sold my MSR Twin Sisters and replaced it with the Golite Shangri-la 2. After setting up the SL2 with the nest I decided that I would also sell all of my summer tents because I will no longer use them, that is how obsessed I am with this tent. BUT, the three season capabilities of the SL2 with the nest is a whole other story and the following information is only comparing the SL2 tarp with the Twin Sisters tarp.

Weight and Material - When I picked up the SL2 package I laughed out loud because I didn't expect it to feel that light. The material is way thinner than the Twin Sisters tarp. You can easily feel the difference in thickness.

Weather Protection - There of course isn't much of a difference in terms of protection. My only concern is that the SL2 could not take on the same wind speeds of the Twin Sisters due to flimsier material.

Living Space - The Twin Sisters felt taller inside but this may be due to the snow skirt. However the fact that the SL2 has guy points on the walls means a bigger and more comfortable interior because they can be pulled outward.

Entrance - The Twin Sisters entrance sucked because I would have to dig into the snow to grab the bottom zipper or use the top zipper and try squeezing the the small vertical opening. The SL2 door is much more user friendly because the top zipper actually opens up a hole to climb through.

Features - The Shangri-la is IMMACULATE! There are so many small features that the Twin Sisters didn't have. The main feature that sticks out is the amount of guy points and the location of these guy points. I also love the dual vents as compared to the Twin Sister's single vent.

The only reason why I would by the MSR Twin Sisters over the SL2 is if I needed a tent solely for deep snow in high wind areas. Otherwise the Golite Shangri-la 2 is a much better choice. I love the SL2 and will be doing a real review as soon as I get the time!

This is my first post on BPL. Prior to signing up to these forums I always got my information from here and after finding this killer coupon I had to join to say that I FRICKING LOVE YOU GUYS! Thank you for sharing the coupon!

Edited by ___o2 on 01/08/2011 06:44:50 MST.

Troy Ammons
(tammons) - F
Re: RE: Golite.com--40% off on 01/10/2011 10:24:57 MST Print View

Score, BSF10 worked for me !

Got a RS 1+ Season Quilt - Long for $84 shipped.

Darren Weda
(backcountryfishing) - F

Locale: Out east
Re: Golite.com--40% off on 01/27/2011 15:10:24 MST Print View

So I just tried ordering some stuff from Golite, and because I live in Australia they said they do not take any international credit cards and do not post overseas.

I have dealt with heaps of smaller companies in the US who are happy to have business form us over here.

Very poor on Golite's behalf if you ask me. So I cant even use the 40% off unless I find a willing participant who I can send some money too and they can buy it for me and post it to someone I know in California, who will then post it me.

Anyone willing?

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Golite.com--40% off on 01/27/2011 15:35:27 MST Print View

Darren,

Couple of questions -

The Golite site says "For all other consumer and retail enquiries, please email us at international.info@golite.com." Have you given that a try?

How heavy is the order? I shipped 5 pounds a to OZ a while back it was about $40 with tracking and insurance. Would that work for you?

Do you have a Paypal account for money transfers?

Edited by greg23 on 01/27/2011 15:35:58 MST.