Forum Index » Make Your Own Gear » 0.3g Cuben wallet pouch

Display Avatars Sort By:
Brian Senez
(bsenez) - MLife

Locale: New England
0.3g Cuben wallet pouch on 11/19/2010 20:35:12 MST Print View

I have been carrying the Zpacks wallet pouch at 1.7g in which I put my ID, debit card, and some cash. I cloned the pouch but using .33oz cuben and a BPL aircore 1 drawstring for a 1.1g total weight. After giving it a little thought I figured out a way to make the pouch where a drawcord and cordlock would not be required. I basically made a sandwich bag type closure out of cuben. The end result is a way to carry my cards and cash and keep them together for .3g

This a quick simple project that only requires a small scrap of fabric. I took a picture of the pattern I made to share with anyone interested.

wallet pouch 1

wallet pouch 2

wallet pouch 3

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Nice on 11/20/2010 18:26:16 MST Print View

Impressive design. It's going to be hard to beat 0.3g.

Chris Peichel
(momo)

Locale: Eureka
0.3g Cuben wallet pouch on 11/20/2010 18:58:23 MST Print View

Very nice

I bet a rubber band weighs more then 0.3g

Daniel Osella
(Sasquatch420) - MLife
WOW! on 11/22/2010 08:00:15 MST Print View

Great idea.

Henk Smees
(theflyingdutchman) - MLife

Locale: Spanish Mountains
I want to make one on 11/22/2010 09:22:15 MST Print View

Hi Brian, I’m impressed – the best ideas are often the simplest ones. I’ll have some Cuben Fiber scraps when I start on my next MYOG project: a few waterproof 20 Ltr. stuff sacks (as part of my pack - the TFD pack 2.0).

I’ve bought the Cuben but, since I’ve never worked with it, I’m still studying the way to put the different parts together (having read nearly every single post on this subject in this forum, it looks like bonding is the way to go). Thanks for sharing the idea, because this pouch seems to be a perfect starting project.