Transportation from Kings Canyon Roads End to Fresno?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Matt Butler
(MButler) - F

Locale: Midwest
Transportation from Kings Canyon Roads End to Fresno? on 11/16/2010 22:43:45 MST Print View

Any suggestions on shuttles, cab arrangements or other transportation options from Kings Canyon Roads End permit station to Fresno? I've scoured the internets, and there does not appear to be any type of public transportation available. Thanks!

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

Locale: Armpit of California
RE Transportation on 11/16/2010 23:03:20 MST Print View

When do you need transportation, I will be up there the Fri. after Thanksgiving coming back Sun.

Matt Butler
(MButler) - F

Not til 2011 on 11/16/2010 23:13:48 MST Print View

Thanks for the offer. Wouldn't be until next summer though...just thinking ahead.

Hike Ultralight
(HikeUltralight)

Locale: Southeast
Interested as well on 11/17/2010 21:23:50 MST Print View

This is the road you would need to take to do Rae Lakes Loop no?

I am looking to do that in the late spring so I would be interested in answers to this question as well.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

RE Transportation on 11/17/2010 22:30:31 MST Print View

Matt, If you need a ride I may still be able to help you out, when it gets closer email me at

ielliot1@bak.rr.com

I'm up that way all the time

Edited by jumpbackjack on 11/17/2010 22:31:17 MST.

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

RE Transportation on 11/17/2010 22:32:19 MST Print View

Rob, that offer stands for you as well.

Matt Butler
(MButler) - F

Re: RE Transportation on 11/18/2010 06:59:00 MST Print View

Thanks Jack. I'll definitely keep your offer in mind. Still fine tuning our route. You're a lucky man to be up there often.

Hiking Malto
(gg-man) - F
craigs list on 11/18/2010 07:44:55 MST Print View

I followed skurka's suggestion and found a ride on Craigs list. It cost me $100 for the 84 mile ride from fresno airport to roads end. I had multiple offers.

Hike Ultralight
(HikeUltralight)

Locale: Southeast
Re: RE Transportation on 11/18/2010 19:51:28 MST Print View

Thanks Jack.

In your opinion, what would be the best time of year to do Rae Lakes Loop? Or do you know of a better option that you have traveled out your way? I live in the Southeast but am looking to make a trip out that way sometime in the Spring (or other time of year if there is a better time of year, it is really lax planning at this point). I appreciate your offer and may take you up on it if you are available the time of year I decide to go.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: RE Transportation on 11/18/2010 20:20:51 MST Print View

Any time before May of a normal year, it will have to be a ski or snowshoe trip. May and June are the awkward months when it is hard to predict. July and August are the more dependable months for boot-backpacking.

--B.G.--

Backpack Jack
(jumpbackjack) - F - M

RE Transportation on 11/18/2010 22:43:46 MST Print View

Personaly I like Labor day weekend, no bugs, no dust. I've also done it in mid Aug. with no problems