Forum Index » General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated

Display Avatars Sort By:
>> Bender <<
(Bender) - MLife

Locale: NEO
Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated on 11/09/2010 21:20:10 MST Print View

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated :) You all have been keeping me extremely busy; thank you! If I missed an email feel free to poke me as I think I am all caught up.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
new site? on 11/09/2010 21:47:53 MST Print View

Bender, whats the ETA til we see a new homepage? I'm curious to know some estimated weights, and what options you have for synthetic insulation filled mats

Steven Evans
(Steve_Evans) - MLife

Locale: Canada
Re: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated on 11/09/2010 22:03:50 MST Print View

I didn't even hear that rumor...I just ordered a pad from Bender a few days ago.

Not sure about the new website but when I was ordering, Bender was right on top of the e-mails I sent him. Got back to me with weights and prices the same day i emailed him through his website. We went back and forth a few times before I made my decision.

A+ on customer service.

>> Bender <<
(Bender) - MLife

Locale: NEO
Re: new site? on 11/09/2010 22:10:35 MST Print View

Conrad I have no eta but I can tell you it is being worked on. Typically I use Climashield XP in 2.5 & 5 oz versions.

Here is the 5 oz compared to what BA uses for its insulated air mats. On top is the BA ;) I need to get the latest PEO Peak ELITE or Ether Elite for comparison. They are using similar insulation to the BA. FYI this still weighs less than the BA pad on top even with the exact same dimensions.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated on 11/09/2010 23:48:49 MST Print View

And I thought this was going to be a thread about Mark Twain :)

Josh Newkirk
(Newkirk) - MLife

Locale: Australia
twain on 11/11/2010 00:21:11 MST Print View

we could discuss twain, i just studied huck finn in american lit.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: twain on 11/11/2010 10:49:05 MST Print View

"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot."

--B.G.--

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: twain on 11/11/2010 12:35:46 MST Print View

"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time."

Lawrence Destefano
(resigned) - F

Locale: Subtropical Wetlands in SE Sunbelt
Re: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated on 11/24/2010 16:21:34 MST Print View

Quote by Bender:
"If I missed an email feel free to poke me as I think I am all caught up."

Bender, I'm curious - did you ever receive any of my 8 emails? There's a glitch in your system if you haven't. Other than that it sounds like you're safe and in good spirits. Good luck.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated on 12/06/2010 10:52:04 MST Print View

I sent Bender an email yesterday and he replied today. He's always been pretty quick to reply.

V k
(vladimir_ek)

Locale: New York
Re: Re: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated on 12/06/2010 14:34:24 MST Print View

I have been trying to get specs on a winter sleeping pad for about 5 weeks. First my emails to Bender went unanswered then I got a reply and an apology. However, the reply didn't have information I was looking for.
I am still waiting to get a response to my last email from several weeks ago.
Not sure what's going on. Winter is short around here, hope I can get a response before it's over.....

Edited by vladimir_ek on 12/06/2010 17:33:44 MST.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated on 12/06/2010 19:22:46 MST Print View

I have no clue if this has anything to do with it, but what email do you use to contact him? Do you go through his website, PM, or other email address?

Scott Truong
(elf773) - M

Locale: Vancouver, BC
Re: kookabay email on 12/06/2010 21:03:36 MST Print View

I did both, through Bender at BPL and through the Kookabay site.

The BPL was over a few weeks, no reply, and the Kookabay a few days.

This is likely not his day job though, so I understand. People have priorities and hobbies should sometimes take a back seat. It's too bad though because I'd really like a 14 oz R4 pad.

I still have a couple of weeks.