State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Franco Darioli
(Franco) - M

Locale: Melbourne
State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010) on 11/05/2010 17:01:47 MDT Print View

Congratulations on having collated such a large sample range.
As with the backpack review, you cannot include everything, nor please all.
I have enough problems just testing a few Tarptents let alone have the time to look at other shelters. (not that I would bother)
kidding aside I happen to know that the various reviewers here need to have a great passion for the products because the financial rewards make slave labour look like a lucrative proposition.
So well done again.
The only bit that I would like clarified is to add a note under the Scarp picture (the one with the deer) to say that it is meant to show how not to pitch that shelter.
BTW, all of the Scarp pictures are of the old version, including the correctly pitched one further down.
Franco

Edited by Franco on 11/05/2010 19:28:17 MDT.

Kathy A Handyside
(earlymusicus) - M

Locale: Southeastern Michigan
Re: State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010) on 11/09/2010 13:49:36 MST Print View

Hi Mary - Have you checked out Granite Gear's The Haven? They told me it weighs about a pound. It looks like a pretty good bug protection.

Aaron Sorensen
(awsorensen) - MLife

Locale: South of Forester Pass
Re: Re: State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010) on 11/19/2010 07:51:26 MST Print View

Not one mention of a Tarptent being anyones favorite in the wrap up. Looks like double wall tents have really stepped up in the past 5 years?

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010) on 11/19/2010 09:51:16 MST Print View

"Not one mention of a Tarptent being anyones favorite in the wrap up. Looks like double wall tents have really stepped up in the past 5 years?"

Huh? The Scarp is a great shelter. What other double walled two person shelters does Tarptent have?

Bruce Getty
(peggetty) - F

Locale: Idaho/Montana
Re: Re: State of the Market Report: Two-Person Double-Wall Tents (2010) on 02/02/2011 17:03:44 MST Print View

I have had the opportunity to get 2 tents over the past 2+ years frtom big Sky with no problems/ issues.