Forum Index » GEAR » Delios water filter

Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Richey
(BobR) - M

Locale: Calif. Central Coast
Delios water filter on 10/30/2010 21:09:09 MDT Print View

Has anybody tried the Delios water filter? This apparently is a Japanese product sold in the UK but not yet in the US. It's described as a 2 stage filter purifier that weighs 40 grams and is about the size of an egg cup. The first stage uses 0.2 micron hollow fiber, followed by a second stage with activated carbon. Supposedly removes bacteria, but no claim for viruses. It's also available with a soft bottle that one can squeeze to filter water into another container. With the bottle it costs 30 British pounds.

Yohei Aoyagi
(zzz_bear) - MLife

Locale: Tokyo
Re: Delios water filter on 10/31/2010 06:58:09 MDT Print View

I know this product but never used yet.
I'm using seychell now.

Arapiles .
(Arapiles) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Re: Delios water filter on 10/31/2010 07:23:45 MDT Print View

They've been around in Japan for a long time. I have both the bottle filter and the larger one: haven't as yet had to use either because I bought them for my earthquake kit.

I noticed that they don't make any claim that they will filter out viruses but they really are light.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Delios water filter on 10/31/2010 08:53:34 MDT Print View

I just got a return email saying they are good for about 1000 liters, or less in murky water, and are not intended to be back flushed.

Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: Delios water filter on 11/01/2010 15:20:16 MDT Print View

In outdoor industry parlance, anything called a filter is good for bacteria, protozoa, etc. If a device removes viruses, then it is termed a purifier. At 0.2 micron, it's definitely a filter, not a purifier. But hey, for most of us that's great! At 40 grams, even lighter than the Sawyer inline filter at 50-60g...