November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Delios water filter
Display Avatars Sort By:
Robert Richey
(BobR) - M

Locale: San Luis Obispo
Delios water filter on 10/30/2010 21:09:09 MDT Print View

Has anybody tried the Delios water filter? This apparently is a Japanese product sold in the UK but not yet in the US. It's described as a 2 stage filter purifier that weighs 40 grams and is about the size of an egg cup. The first stage uses 0.2 micron hollow fiber, followed by a second stage with activated carbon. Supposedly removes bacteria, but no claim for viruses. It's also available with a soft bottle that one can squeeze to filter water into another container. With the bottle it costs 30 British pounds.

Yohei Aoyagi
(zzz_bear) - MLife

Locale: Tokyo
Re: Delios water filter on 10/31/2010 06:58:09 MDT Print View

I know this product but never used yet.
I'm using seychell now.

Arapiles .
(Arapiles) - M

Locale: Melbourne
Re: Delios water filter on 10/31/2010 07:23:45 MDT Print View

They've been around in Japan for a long time. I have both the bottle filter and the larger one: haven't as yet had to use either because I bought them for my earthquake kit.

I noticed that they don't make any claim that they will filter out viruses but they really are light.

Greg Mihalik
(greg23) - M

Locale: Colorado
Re: Re: Delios water filter on 10/31/2010 08:53:34 MDT Print View

I just got a return email saying they are good for about 1000 liters, or less in murky water, and are not intended to be back flushed.

Brad Groves
(4quietwoods) - MLife

Locale: Michigan
Re: Delios water filter on 11/01/2010 15:20:16 MDT Print View

In outdoor industry parlance, anything called a filter is good for bacteria, protozoa, etc. If a device removes viruses, then it is termed a purifier. At 0.2 micron, it's definitely a filter, not a purifier. But hey, for most of us that's great! At 40 grams, even lighter than the Sawyer inline filter at 50-60g...